“Hardcore surfers/kiters welcome”
Review of LG Surf Camp

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cabarete
LG Surf Camp
Tenerife, Spain
“Hardcore surfers/kiters welcome”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

If you're looking for some serious action and training, this is your plan.

The day starts just before 7am, the sun may still not be up yet, but we were drinking coffee and jumping on Luciano's van to go to Encuentro looking for some nice wake up surfing.

After an hour and a half or so, depending on how good the day was, we came back home for amazing breakfast: fresh fruit, yoghurt, cereal, toast, eggs, fresh juice...

The apartment is amazing. New built, daily cleaning, best views you can imagine, very comfortable. You can walk on the beach to the town centre or jump on a motoconcho if you feel lazy.

If the wind picks up then it's time to hit the reef with your kite, if not, the alternatives are SUP or back to Encuentro for more surfing. When we come back home dinner is already served. Very tasty and healthy typical Dominican food.

You can try to stay home at night and be a good boy/girl and save energies for the morning surf, but Cabarete's nightlife is a temptation. Who doesn't love great very cheap rum and clubs on the beach?

They picked me up in Puerto Plata and drove me to Santo Domingo for my return flight. Luciano will stay with you and help you improve your skills... besides making you laugh.

If you want to worry just about sport and fun and let the rest be very well organized, this is your best bet.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Miami, Florida, United States
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I was dying to take surf lessons and i went to cabarete for a weekend and had the most amazing surf class with Luciano, It was the best experience in my life. In the first day of just trying i was up in the water like a professional... Its the BEST surf Camp you will ever go... Thanks everyone that was part of that amazing crew.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I can't tell you how perfect this surf camp is! I have been other surf camp, including the Swell surf camp, but this one is simply way better. LG Surf Camp surf is located right on the beach, all the rooms have ocean view and not the type that you only see a small piece of the ocean but whole ocean....it just amazing. The rooms are big, clean and new with a very big shower. I was expecting something nice from this surf camp but not that much.
H
I met a lot peoples and made some new friends from different country in the commune area. The food is just great, fresh TASTY food, yogurt, omelette, scrambled eggs...name it and the cook will have it ready for you. I was even able to practice my Spanish with her.

The set up is just perfect, surf in the morning, come back, have a huge breakfast, go back surfing after (if not to tired) come back eat again and relax, chill on the beach, play volleyball, walk to Cabarete by the beach, go shopping, etc. My week just went by so fast.

Luciano, the owner, is a really great guy. He will do everything possible to make sure you enjoy your stay. FYI, he is probably one of the most experience guy in DR in water sports including surfing, SUP and kitting. He has won the Master of the Ocean challenges a few times in is life which is a combination of these 3 sports. Either if you are a beginner, intermediate or advance, he can help you out. I'm an intermediate my self and I got some pretty good advice from him. One important thing to know is that almost all there surfing, SUP and kitting equipments are new. For surfing, they have a fast range of performance surfboard that you have access too. Trust me, other surf camps don't offer these kind of boards.

I tried kitesurfing for my first time and man was I glad to be with Luciano. He really knows what he is doing compared to other 'improvised instructor' on the beach. When you try kite surfing, you simply want to have the best instructor for safety reason and because you want to progress as fast a possible (at lease I did). For those 2 reasons Luciano is the guy you want to be with...if you try kite surfing, you will know what I mean when you are there...you will see the difference!!

I usually never write reviews and I have been to a few places in my life but this one really deserve it. I came back home with a smile on my face because I discovered this place and I'm sure you will too!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stayed at LG Surf Camp for a week in November. I wish i stayed longer. The moment i stepped foot into this place, i was impressed....it's gorgeous.
It's an open-concept condo with a huge balcony that wraps around the whole place and a private rooftop deck. It has a nice common area and living room facing the water. My room was spacious and spotless with ensuite washroom, jacuzzi tub and a view of the ocean! Wake up early for the beautiful sunrise with your morning coffee before the first surf session. They prepare a great breakfast every morning and a few dinners. There were a lot of options for lunch and dinner close by. You can walk along the beach to a strip of restaurants, bars and cafes in the center of Cabarete.
Luciano was an amazing host and instructor. He took care of every detail. He knows every surf spot in the area and will show you the best wave for your ability. I've been on a few surf trips before so i was beyond the initial lessons in the white water. He took me in the line-up and I caught the waves of my life with his help and in-water lessons. When the wind picked up, I took a few kite-boarding lessons and i was hooked. Luciano is a pro-kiter so there's nobody better to teach you.
I highly recommend LG Surf Camp. It has it all. I'm going back in a few months!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Just returned from an AMAZING week of surfing at LG Surf Camp. It was so nice to have everything taken care of, from meals to transportation to boards and lessons. Accommodations were top notch, and we couldn't have asked for a better host/instructor than Luciano. And, we were riding waves on the second day! What a thrill!

Already planning our return trip for next year. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great, with A/C (if you want it), ceiling fans, patios, and oceanfront views.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 30, 2012

My Family and I thought that if LG Surf Camp was half as fun as it looked on its videos and website we would have a blast. great website by the way.. From the moment we started emailing with head coach Yves, to the moment we left Cabarete, Luciano went above and beyond to make sure our experience was everything promised. LG was amazing and really knows how to tailor his lessons to fit everyone's individual needs. Even in groups of three or four, LG gave plenty of individual attention.

Luciano, Thanks Again, you made my family feel very comfortable and safe, even when big waves came.
The accomodations were nice and clean, the breakfast delicious ,Thanks Beky.!!! and of course, the amazing penthouse view. But Must of all, my family and I left feeling whole staff is dedicated to giving us a great vacation.

I would recommend LG Surf Camp to anyone.

We will be back!
GS516.

Room Tip: The penthouse.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Grace S
Indialantic, Florida
Reviewed December 7, 2012

This was my second trip to Cabarete. I went 2 years ago and met Luciano while he was working for another camp in town. We've kept in touch and I was excited to hear we was opening his own camp.I had an opportunity to take a last minute vacation. I emailed LG and they were just finished getting the camp ready, just in time for my trip. Here's what I can tell you about my week at LG:

Accommodations- it's tough for me to cal this a camp. The place is beautiful! It's a large modern 4 floor condo right on the beach. LG is on the 4th floor, the entire common area of the unit is sliding glass door with incredible views. The building is new with a very modern style. A large pool out back and a roof top hangout. A great place to chill

Location: Walking distance to Kite Beach with a few cool places to eat. A short ride to town and also to Encountro(the surf spot). I thought the location was ideal as it felt centrally located to everything. I don't kite, but if you do, you can walk your gear down to the beach and hop in the water. No loading up in a van and driving, you are right there!

Surf: Encountro has such a cool vibe. Everyone was friendly, I didn't see any aggression in the water. Everyone was happy as they should be in paradise. There was a really big swell my first couple days, a little 2 powerful for me(I am a novice surfer). The rest of the week I got great waves. LG has a bunch of options for boards. They are all quality too! Several were made by Florida shaper Tom Neilson.

Food: Vicky cooked an awesome breakfast everyday! She was really sweet and made great omelets. There was plenty of bananas, fresh fruit, toast, yogurt, cereal, something for everyone. I had dinner a few nights at the camp which was very good. The traditional Dominican was great!

Overall: I had a great time, I really didn't want to leave. The camp is cool and the facilities are great but Luciano really makes the trip! We had a great time paddleboarding, going to eat at La Boca, had a few beers at the bars in town. Luciano is funny, friendly and wants you to have a good time. He loves his town and the lifestyle and you will too. I would definitely go back to LG and recommend it to anyone looking for some surf, kite, good food and fun times!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo