“Great Italian Food”
Review of Pasta e Vino - CLOSED

Pasta e Vino
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Pasta e Vino DR is an Italian Trattoria located right at the beach in the sporty north shore town Cabarete in the Dominican Republic.Pasta E Vino offers home made recipes passed down through generations in owners' Gino and Louisa's family. They are both frequently spending time in the kitchen for quality control. Open Wednesday until Monday through low season and 7 days a week in high season.
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed for 2 weeks and ate at most of the restaurants on the beach. This was one of our favourites. We had great service from our buddy Pedro who took care of us. We had 7 of us in our group and everybody really liked their food each time we went. They also have the biggest and cleanest restrooms on the beach which was really handy having a 2 year old and 10 month old on the trip with us. I would often just stop on my way by to grab a beer as they had the coldest presidante on the beach.

1  Thank Sean A

Reviewed March 27, 2013

The space is pleasant enough and the service, while not great, was good enough but nothing could overcome the poor quality of the food. My wife ordered the Sea Bass which came overcooked and was not even Sea Bass and pan fried in butter as opposed to grilled as ordered. Her pasta side came with tomato sauce instead of plain. I ordered the filet of beef which was so tough that I could not eat it. I did chew one piece long enough to realize that the taste was so bad that the toughness really did not matter. Like the "Sea Bass" my filet came pan fried and surely was not even filet (or anything even close to filet, maybe not even beef, seriously). Others at the table fared similarly; the pork dish covered in some sweet sauce that no one who cooks, heck, no one who eats would ever think of as complementary flavors. You might be able to write it off to chance. Everyone overcooks a steak or accidentally swaps a piece of some unidentifiable fish for Sea Bass and I would give you the benefit of the doubt if not for the complete lack of acknowledgment when taking plates of half eaten food away along with the avoidance of eye contact which kind of leads me to believe that our experience was not out of the ordinary.
Sorry guys but if you want to sell to me more than once you better step it up and at least give the impression that you care if the meal is good.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Good pasta here...we went back the second time!
My fav was the carbonara, service was good.
Eating on this beach is amazing at night!!!

Reviewed March 22, 2013

We had dinner there last week with several of our friends friends from the DR and other places in the US. Pizza dough is just that doughy. Took left overs home and tried to heat the next day, it was just as tastless as the night before. I had the ravioli with spinach and cheese. I took two bites and it just was not good. I will not waste calories or carbs on stuff that just does not sit well. Prices were reasonable, tax was included, but if you used a credit card then you paid 18% on top of your bill. Interesting concept. There are lots of better places on the beach. If you want italian try Pompadora's It is awesome. I eat there at least once every two weeks when here on the island. My family loves this place. There pizza is to die for.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Had another delicious dinner last night! Highly recommended! The chicken Parmesan wonderful! Also recommend the carbonara, which we have a couple of times! 1000 pesos..including drinks.