Really enjoyed my recent stay here. The photos are accurate, the apartments are spacious and well furnished. The staff is very friendly and trying to help in any way they can. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a clean, friendly, place in between Sosua and Cabarete. the beach is just a short walk away, and is very private compared to the beaches at Cabarete and Sosua. Just 15 minutes from Puerto Plata Airport.
Here are my visitor tips:
- bring own shampoo, soap etc. not much is provided (which it should be).
- if a light sleeper, bring earplugs and eye-shade - although normal sleepers had no complaints.
- you should rent a car, its basically a "must," as nothing other than the beach is in close walking distance. This will give you flexibility to go to either Cabarete or Sosua, or Encuentro. We went to the 27 Waterfalls, which was fun and is recommended.
- Dine at Otra Cosa in Cabarete, eat breakfast at Panaderia & Reposteria Dick (Cabarete) and try out Natura in Perla Marina (Cabarete, but near the hotel)
- Surf at Encuentro (turn off the highway at Hideaway Resort, or at Coconut Palms resort)
- bring lots of singles and fives (dollars) to make spending easy. Credit Cards are not widely accepted.
- Note the Hotel has no restaurant! (Which means you have to buy groceries, which can be done right at the highway turn-off for the hotel at the Coastal Gas Station and Supermarket.
- comically low water pressure in shower
- no telephone in room
- safe is very small (cant fit ipad) and uses keys vs code.
- WiFi is available but throws you off every couple of minutes...i believe the issue is that the hotspot is overloaded with connecting devices, and probably needs to have its max number of users raised...I didnt ask them to do this, but it the situation was super annoying.
- no restaurant option
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Laguna Beach is nestled in a private, gated residential area between the towns of Sosua and Cabarete on the North shore of the Dominican Republic. Sosua is a quaint town with a bohemian flair sporting lots of out door cafes, a wide variety of foods and an active night life including two casinos. Sosua beach is set in a protected cove and sports many bars and restaurants and has long been one of the favorite beaches on the north coast. Cabarete has a beautiful wide beach where the restaurants and bars are built directly on the sand. Cabarete is host to the world kite and wind surfing championships. Grand Laguna Beach is 15 minutes from Puerto Plata International Airport. Grand Laguna Beach is an elite condominium project developed in an exclusive neighbourhood. Grand Laguna contains 31 condominium units. The majority are well planned two bedroom units of approximately 1,000 square feet. Three bedroom, two story, 1,700 square feet penthouse units contain both a balcony and a spa terrace. Each condominium unit is finished with Carolina stone floors, upgraded kitchen cabinets, granite counter tops, latest style bathroom sinks, glass wall shower surrounds, wood trim, solid wood doors and air-conditioning throughout. A complete professionally designed furniture package is available. The building reflects the Colonial/Edwardian style of elegance and simplicity. Grand Laguna features a large pool and Jacuzzi with grotto/waterfalls, his and her bath, coralina decking, lobby, underground parking, back-up generator, car lift and two elevators. Future plans in the next phase include infinity pool and beach side casual restaurant. Should the owner choose, house-keeping and laundry service will be available at an additional cost. A rental service is also available, providing income to the owner. Grand Laguna Beach offers its owners tremendous flexibility of use. Grand Laguna Beach area amenities include nearby Robert Trent Jones golf course, and Playa Grande often referred to as the Pebble beach of the Caribbean is one hour away. Tennis, horse back riding, dune buggy rides, all wheel vehicle treks, go-kart racing, deep sea fishing, wind surfing, kite surfing, waterfall adventures, and of course restaurants and shopping are all conveniently located. The developers of Grand Laguna Beach have taken great steps to employ the very best talent and professionals to ensure your ownership and investment will be both enjoyable and successful. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Vacatia, Cancelon, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotel.de and Priceline so you can book your Grand Laguna Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.