“Hands down, the BEST place to stay overall in Cabarete!”

Velero Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Cabarete
Reviewed July 14, 2014

I booked up to 25 rooms at Velero Beach Resort for my wedding week and Velero Beach Resort, Ted, and the entire staff and restaurant, were amazing! Not only were they overly-accommodating, but were patient, kind and did everything to meet our needs. The restaurant, especially Oscar, was spectacular! It is the most breathtaking place for a large group, small and convenient to the city of Cabarete, and it is reasonably priced! Also, it was clean, quiet and we never had any issues ...at least none that I am aware of. I highly recommend Velero Beach Resort for any amount of guests! Great for children as well. Definitely going back for our anniversary!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Kkdixon

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Just got back from a six day stay which was very relaxing. Location is one of the best features, we were able to walk down the beach to all the nightlife and restaurants. The manager changed our rooms when the air was not working and made sure we were happy. We wish there would have been more poolside service but the bar was pretty close. Nice clean property!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank TamiLaRose
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Beautiful but small enough for personal touch. Pool sparkles and is right above beach but good security eliminates the peddlers. Wonderful staff, good rooms with great views, good restaurant, too. Must visit if you are going to Dominican Republic. Ask for Ted.

Room Tip: Big pent house suites are great
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Debbie K
Reviewed July 2, 2014

My wife and I just spent a week here and I couldn't be happier with this hotel! What a beautiful property and location, and the staff were all very friendly and fun to chat with. The pool area overlooking the beach is incredible, plus it is isolated from beach vendors trying to sell trinkets. The food/drinks at the restaurant were delicious and very reasonably priced. We ate there at least once or twice each day of our trip. The only complaint I had was that the mattress was very firm and I had a hard time sleeping on it, but when I told the front desk they brought us a thick foam mattress pad that solved all my problems. Would HIGHLY recommend and I hope to be back someday soon.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Andrew B
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Stayed at the Velero Beach Hotel the last two weeks of May. The weather was ideal and the
hotel absolutely perfect: great/friendly service and great restaurant. The suite overlooked the
infinity pool and a very private beach. The hotel sits at the end of Cabarete's mile long beach
which is full of summertime activities by day and restaurants at night. Local establishment's
are all within walking distance and the locals couldn't be friendlier.
All in all, couldn't ask for a more relaxing experience at a reasonable price. I'll definitely be back.

Room Tip: All the rooms seem to be excellent with views...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Bruce T
Reviewed May 22, 2014

This is the 3rd time I've stayed here. I cannot imagine a better place and a better value in Cabarete. On my other trips I have been told by locals that Velero Beach Resort is the best place in Cabarete to stay, and I see why.
This time I am staying in one of the penthouses, which is smartly configured with 2 bedrooms, each with its own bathroom, and a master suite that can be closed off from the rest of the apartment. It is on the 3rd floor with a GREAT view of the bay from the large balcony, and from this vantage point you can look down and really appreciate how well manicured and landscaped the grounds are. I especially love the walkway on the outside of the building (the first floor rooms can be reached via the courtyard or the walkway) because it is beautifully landscaped with flowering plants and an intelligent mix of plant types.
The apartment was very clean and well appointed. It is cleaned thoroughly and restocked with towels and whatever is needed. If I needed more soap or towels or other supplies all I had to do was call the front desk. The staff is VERY friendly here. And that friendliness effects the guests, who in turn - including me - are more friendly as a result. I feel like part of a larger family here at the resort.

Room Tip: The ground floor apartments are nice because they open up onto the manicured grounds. The third flo...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank rlenglebright
Reviewed April 29, 2014

We rented a Junior suit 121. As we entered, floor was dirty and un-swept, unwashed. I like clean things, so I checked beds and bathroom: Hairs on bed pillows [at least not on the sheets, I guess these were changed and clean]. Hairs also seen on the white bathroom sink area.

Bath was a half bath in height and sadly the function to plug it did not work so my long anticipated bath was not to be had.

Shower only and the shower head desperately needs changing, as most the water comes out of the bath tap and makes a noise like a helicopter, which is no fun to shower like this at all.

Kitchen could come with a few kitchen towels, IMO, not merely 1, as there was no alternative to mop up water. We had to use a bath towel for the kitchen or had no way to wipe wet hands.

Sleep quality:
Great to hear the ocean at night, the sound is amazingly relaxing.
Was however very difficult to open bedroom window for a sea breeze and to hear the ocean at night. Was stuck and sort of breaking apart. The next day some staff helped open the window.

We like beds that are not too soggy, more like Japanese style than the sinking in ones on this Island, so our backs were a bit pained and my sleep was not the best, but might also be due to the fact it was that awful Samana Santa weekend and a local parked his car under our window to blast techno noise from 3am onward. We actually rented the room to get away from our place in Cabarete for a hoped for peace and quiet, but forgot they have that little alley in the back of the building, lol. This is not the fault of the hotel and I guess they cannot block that alley off.

Again, view and balcony are great.
Sofas were comfy.
No breakfast included in the $175/night price tag, as usually would be anywhere worldwide.
The restaurant 'Victor's' is with great beach view but as a foodie, terrible. I ordered 3 dishes and told waiter I cannot eat dairy. He did not mention the seafood pasta dish was with a thick dairy cream sauce [i guess just cares to sell], so i could not eat it. anyway, no loss, as was the gooiest pasta I ever tasted [I tried to fish out a few noodles, after all the thing costs plenty here and was famished], more like glue sauce with a few sad morsels of [frozen seafood packet from China] seafood bits. The MahiMahi fish we ordered was tiny piece for the price and rather over- dry [grilled/fried too long]. Was in garlic sauce but only thing I could taste was tons of greasy cheap local butter and far too much salt. My girl ordered a chicken breast, which got similar treatment. Only a good idea to eat here if you are desperate or not at all fussy and have digestive tablets on hand, otherwise sip a drink and enjoy the view. Better for your digestion.

Price of room rather high but worth the view.

Room Tip: 121 has greatest sea-view. Make sure they fixed the noisy shower and bath works and that they clean...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Eileen K
S A, General Manager at Velero Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Hello Eileen,

You, as a local Cabarete resident have surprised us with your review of Velero. Yes it is a great place to get away from the mad scramble Cabarete becomes during Easter weekend. Of the myriad of places to stay in Cabarete, and you know most of them, you chose Velero. Surely for a reason. We will continue to do our best, and hope to meet your high standards should you choose to visit us again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cabarete
1 mi away
Ocean Manor Beach Resort- All Inclusive
Occidental Caribe
Occidental Caribe
#61 of 112 in Punta Cana

Been to Velero Beach Resort? Share your experiences!