“Birthday trip”

Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Cabarete
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Stayed here from may 13 to may 20, had a fabulous time. Was concerned about finding enough to eat (as I'm a picky eater) every meal I managed to find food to eat which was great. The Italian and Mexican restaurants had amazing service as well as the food. Had 2 minor issues with the room, which were taken care of within minutes. The staff put in very long days, getting the guests involved in all sorts of fun games, the horse shoes, darts and bochi ball were my favourite, the shows were tremendous, enthusiastic and engaging the crowd. Found some souvenir shops by walking down the clean beach, and picked up some good deals for the kids. The flat screen TV in the room was good, managed to find the hockey and basketball games, and see sports centre every day. The free wifi in the lobby worked for the most part, it was slow but that's to be expected when you have the lobby full of guests on the wifi. Could not fly home on the Tuesday (our flight was canceled), West Jet put us up at Barcelo hotel for the night. This hotel had less choice of food to eat, the beach was smaller and dirty, the staff not as friendly. We met all sorts of friendly guests during our stay and have made some new friends during our visit to this fabulous hotel. I would visit Viva Wyndham Tangerine again and would bring my kids next time.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Jason C
VivaWTangerine, General Manager at Viva Wyndham Tangerine, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2014

Dear customer,

We really appreciate your review published on Trip Advisor.

We are grateful for your remarks and especially we are happy to know that you had a memorable Birthday Trip at our Resort.

Thank you for recommending Viva Wyndham Tangerine and please do not forget that we will be pleased to welcome you back anytime.

Best regards,

There are newer reviews for Viva Wyndham Tangerine

Reviewed May 20, 2014

I stayed here from May 12-May 19, 2014 with my daughter. We had an amazing time. The hotel rooms could use a bit of upgrading but the grounds are kept immaculate. The food was satisfactory but a different variety every day, The staff and bar tenders were amazing and i enjoyed trying something new everyday!!! My daughter and i especially enjoyed the the amazing entertainment staff. Alex, Baby, Bom Bom, Chris, Nelfies (sorry if i didn't spell that right), Juan ( the gorgeous towel guy), DJ Chelo and all the rest of you that we met there, You made our vacation a memorable one!!!! We also did the speed boat day trip to paradise island which is a must see. So beautiful.
Overall, we enjoyed ourselves and 1 week is not enough. We will definitely come back!!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank LisaMedica76
VivaWTangerine, General Manager at Viva Wyndham Tangerine, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2014

Dear guest,

We highly appreciate the fact that you took your precious time to write about your stay in our Viva Wyndham Tangerine.

Your special mention of the staff that enhanced the quality of your trip is greatly appreciated. We recognize that our staff plays a valuable role in the vacation experience of our guests. Reviews like yours serve to motivate us even more.

Best regards,

Reviewed May 20, 2014

stayed 5/15-5/19. I feel really bad writing this as I am not a picky person at all when it comes to hotel rooms, if you give me the basics I really will be fine. However, I consider a non-smoking room and hot water the basics. First of all I called ahead of time and asked for a room that was non-smoking and not in the main building. When I got there, I received a smoking room in the main building. The front desk tried to tell me it was a non-smoking room despite the smell and the used ashtray siting on my night stand. I tried to shower in the morning before my excursion and the water was freezing cold. I have never in my life had to wash up in a sink and I am putting this in my review to let people know how serious it was. They changed our room to a much better smelling cleaner room in another building. I was way happier but that too had its issues. The iron board, iron, thermostat, remote and shower door were broken. I even had to call to ask for washcloths and then they brought 2 when there were 3 of us in the room. After a while I just stopped even calling to complain even after the shower door popped off again. Please don’t come here thinking the free Wi-Fi in the lobby is even useable, just pay for the Wi-Fi. However, even though I paid for the Wi-Fi and for some reason it didn’t work on my phone and it took literally 2 hours for them to switch it to my tablet. I have never been so underwhelmed with a hotel before. I really seriously have read some of these review which and I’m wondering what hotel these people stayed at. If you ask me my recommendation I would say keep the reception extension handy because you will be calling a lot. Pros-The food was good in the buffet and I’m not a drinker so I didn’t mind the drinks. The housekeeper decorated our beds really nice, a lot of the staff was pleasant and spoke well enough English the nightly shows were entertaining. There is a super market in walking distant if you need anything extra and a gas station across the street. Pretty good looking place for good photo opportunities. Air condition worked well.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
12  Thank 4everyoungmsd

Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind review. We are glad that your overall appreciation of our Resort, its services and facilities was positive, but regret that not everything was perfect.

We assure you that the involved departments were informed about these issues and we will do our utmost to improve the quality of our services.

Thank you once more for your constructive feedback and we hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the Viva Wyndham Tangerine in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed May 18, 2014

As the say locally "no problem"
The hotel exceeded my expectations as I had read some of previous tripadvisor reviews.
Our room superior double really nice clean and spacious, kept this way by very hard working maid who leaves flowers each day,
Air conditioning in room very good.
Hotel bars and restaurant very good, variety of food at Buffett for all tastes (even picky ones)
Drinks at bar all very colourfull and tasty !
Speciality restaurants absolutely amazing Mexican was my favourite
Staff very helpful , polite and sincere,
I would love to stay another week however this is our last day here, will definitely be back

• Stayed: May 2014
7  Thank SJ1-airdrie
VivaWTangerine, General Manager at Viva Wyndham Tangerine, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

Dear Sir,

We are pleased you could enjoy your time in our resort.

Thank you so much for you comments, we feel grateful that you spend a satisfactory holidays with us at the Viva Wyndham Tangerine. We appreciate your feedback and that you have taken the time to write about your experience with us.

Thank you again for your nice comments and we hope to see you in our property in the near future.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

Stayed here a few years ago and had an amazing 2 week holiday. The hotel was kept really clean with the rooms being cleaned daily and the grounds being kept immaculate. The staff were all very attentive and always tried to involve guests in activities. The beach is great and very relaxing. Amazing views. Whilst here I was fortunate enough to receive a free room upgrade to a sea view suite. Wow!! So spacious and amazing! Double balcony with patio furniture and sun loungers. The bathroom had a separate shower and jacuzzi bath.

Excellent hotel and a holiday enjoyed by all.

Room Tip: Sea view suites are amazing!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank seansutton217
VivaWTangerine, General Manager at Viva Wyndham Tangerine, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you for recommending our Viva Wyndham Tangerine. We are very happy to know you had a lovely time with us, thank you for sharing your experience with others.
Please do not forget that we will be pleased to welcome you back at anytime.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

This hotel was basically good, nice staff and good food for the most part (although we had a terrible experience in the Mexican restaurant on the premises there where it took hours to eat and we got different food items than we ordered, it was almost as if the chef didn't come in that night). We were on the third floor and the elevator rarely worked even though I notified the front desk many times. When we first arrived we had to have the maintenance person fix the bathroom door handle which fell on the floor when we turned it. The pool closed everyday at 6pm, wish they could leave it open longer. If you can get a good price worth going.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay in our Viva Wyndham Tangerine; we are truly sorry for any inconvenient you may have had in our specialty restaurant, Viva Mexico.

Please be aware that your observations are very important to us and they will be considered in order to improve our services and facilities.

We thank you again for your comments and for having been part of our Viva Wyndham Tangerine.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

I have no complaints about this resort. We were there April 19 2014 to April 26 2014. The staff were friendly and the food was not that bad.( I have had worse and a lot better) We did not go to any a la cartes. The main buffet was not bad, there was usually something there to munch on and sometimes something pretty good. The resort is very clean but avoid the gift shop. Either go to the larger communities to look for your gifts or wait till you go to the air port and get your gifts at the duty free shops which have a larger selection and better prices. A nice relaxing resort if you want to re charge your batteries while on vacation.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Average E
VivaWTangerine, General Manager at Viva Wyndham Tangerine, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Dear Sir;

Thank you for Thank you for your nice comments regarding your stay in our Viva Wyndham Tangerine. It is a pleasure to know that you had a wonderful time our Hotel. We do have ion side a gift shop and a jewelry but maybe here you can not find as much variety as you could in bigger shops, however, our location gives our customers the option to walk to Cabarete and enjoy the local shops and restaurants

Well, we are glad you had a nice experience despite the poor shopping. It is good to know that you took advantage of this place and enjoyed the most of everything.

Viva Wyndham Tangerine

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cabarete
Viva Wyndham V Heavens
VH Gran Ventana Beach Resort
#5 of 40 in Puerto Plata
BlueBay Villas Doradas Adults Only
Sunscape Puerto Plata Dominican Republic

Been to Viva Wyndham Tangerine? Share your experiences!