“Outstanding location & value and even better hospitality!”
Review of Kite Beach Inn

Kite Beach Inn
Ranked #4 of 29 Cabarete B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 27, 2012

What a great place to stay! The location is tough to beat and the accommodations are spacious, comfortable and well kept! Financially, it is a great value! However, even more importantly, the hospitality is outstanding! Jim, Lucy, Danilo and Gio went above and beyond to make sure our stay was enjoyable and convenient. Even the night security guard went out of his way to help us! We looked at other hotels during our stay, with thoughts of returning soon. We found one or two that might be a little higher end (with much higher prices), but quickly came to the conclusion that we will definitely stay at Kite Beach Inn on our next visit! Bottom line: You can’t beat the value, location and hospitality!

5  Thank Flyzulu
Management response:Responded June 29, 2012

I would like to take this opportunity to say a big "Thank You" to all our guests who wrote a review for Kite Beach Inn. We added 15 new units, renovated all 10 existing units and just re-opened at the end of March, 2012. My husband and I and our staff try very hard to take good care of our guests and provide them with a wonderful vacation experience when they stay at Kite Beach Inn. We are very proud and grateful that our guests had a great time here and felt that they are being well taken care of. Many of our guests have become friends and we can't wait to see you back.

A big "Thank You" from the Kite Beach Inn Management Team

Lucy, Owner

There are newer reviews for Kite Beach Inn

Reviewed June 26, 2012

I run health care mission trips to Haiti and the Dominican Republic several times per year. Many of our doctors stay at the Kite Beach Inn and like myself, love it. The owners, Jim and Lucy are amazingly helpful. Danilo and Jo were so accomidating and couldn't do enough to help our group. The vibe around the property is relaxing and friendly. The rooms are clean and comfortable. I have stayed there now at least 7 or 8 times and I keep going back as it feels like I am visiting old friends and always making new ones. Also, it probably is best value in Cabarete. Don't hesitate to stay there.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank chiroc1c2
Reviewed June 15, 2012

What a fantastic vacation. My 3rd visit here and I’ll definitely be back!

I generally enjoy vacations that combine activity and relaxing, good food and nice people. This one fit the bill. If you're looking for a vacation that combines some exercise, some excitement, with plenty of relaxation and/or kitting time - look no further than Kite Beach Inn, Cabarete.
If you are going to the Dominican Republic this is by far the best place to stay. First and foremost, everyone is super nice, down to earth, willing to give you genuine advice on excursions, and not trying to rip you off.

Owners Jim and Lucy are wonderful and always looking for your best interest. Dani and Gio – hotel managers - are the sweetest and most helpful people I’ve ever met. We planned a surprise Bday party and nothing could have been done w/out their kind and generous help. THANK YOU!!!

The property is distinctive and beautifully maintained, bathrooms are neat, the rooms have AC, are clean, modestly furnished but very inviting and relaxing after a hot day under the sun. Your hardest decision will be whether to kite surf all afternoon, relax by the poolside lounge chair, and have a drink and yummy food at the oceanfront Coco Loco Bar or to explore Cabarete and surroundings.

Room Tip: Ask for room 400 and 401 – big and small “penthouse”! Quite affordable and what a treat for mind, sp...
3  Thank Daniela424
Reviewed June 15, 2012

A week at Kite Beach Inn was just what we needed! Great location and wonderful people. We came to kiteboard and the conditions did not disappoint! The location on the beach was ideal as well as a truly great value. Jim, Lucy, Danilo & Jo are fantastic hosts and made us feel as if we where staying with old friends! We'll be back!

1  Thank Brad C
Reviewed May 30, 2012

I just returned from my second stay at Kite Beach Inn. I've stayed at a number of places in the Dominican Republic, some less expensive and some more expensive, and will say that the rooms I've had at KBI were as nice as the best and in excellent condition.

I've found the quality of maintenance at Dom Rep hotels to be generally poor but everything at KBI worked properly - the showers had good volume and temperature and when grid power was lost the backup generat or took over quickly.

A particularly nice place to stay if you are kite boarding but a great spot for any type of stay. I agree 100% with the reviews of Natalia S, Jessy155032 andBrian F. It is certainly at the top of my list of places to stay when in Cabarete - I will be back.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank MarkB1951
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I was planning to stay for one month and ended up staying two! Ideal location for kite surfing, right on the Kite Beach, next to Kite Club kiting school. Wide choice of rooms, from great value simple singles to large modern studios with kitchenettes. Very clean. Super friendly and helpful owners and managers. Has a common kitchen, pool, outdoor shower (great for washing kiting gear). Kayaks and SUPs for rent. Local fruit and veg stall across the road, which also sells other basics. Much quieter than hotels on the main Cabarete beach, which is about 15 min walk along the beach or 5 min moto concho ride. So in all...Brilliant! I will return! Many thanks to the Kite Beach Inn team.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Natalia S
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Kitebeach Inn is THE place that I would recommend to anyone who are looking for a perfect spot right in front of kite beach, secure and quiet, with nice and super clean room, with amazing staff so friendly and helpful, at the best price that you can find in this magic area.
Next trip, I will stay there again for sure.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo