“What a Pleasure!”

Serenade Restaurant
Ranked #41 of 141 Restaurants in Cabarete
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Like a suitor singing a love song meant to woo his sweetheart, our on-site restaurant Serenade aims to win your heart with flavors that are guaranteed to tempt your taste buds. Serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner, Chef Luciano Merlino has created a menu that combines his 35 years of experience in Italy with fresh, local ingredients to present a cuisine that is truly unique. And don't forget that any time you are in the mood for a drink (which could be anytime, because, hey you are on vacation!) We invite you to enjoy the festive atmosphere at our bar while sipping on a signature rum cocktail served up by one of our mixologists.
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I ate breakfasts, lunches and dinner at this lovely outdoor cabana on the beach at Cabarete's Hotel Taina. The wait staff was very friendly and accommodating. The Mongolian Barbeque was especially good and the choices of what to let the chefs grill for you were varied, fresh and delicious. The fish entrees were very good and there were a variety of sauces that you could choose from. The chef made me a beautiful birthday cake-like a 5 layered tiramasu, beautifully decorated. I ate in a number of restaurants during my stay, but this one was one of my favorites. The view of the beach was a pleasure in itself.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Right on the beach, this restaurant has a style of its own: palm trees lit up, some of the tables and couches are literally on the sand. I've chosen to eat here a number of times both for the good food and local music. My favorite is the Mongolian buffet - prepared right in front of us and plenty of it. The music is local and quite good. You never know if the Italian chef is going to pop out of the kitchen to sing us a few tunes of his own in that nice tenor voice of his. I have never been disappointed with my experience at the Seranade other than maybe eating too much for my own good.

1  Thank rmunster
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Restaurant situated on the beach to few footsteps from the sea in an enchanting atmosphere. The style is of typical Caribbean. You is able' to access the restaurant from the principal entry of the hotel "Villa Taina" or directly in the beach of Cabarete (Dominican republic). We have eaten fish and meat accompanied by small sauces and delicious contours of vegetables and vegetables to the grate. Unbelievable the goodness' of the sweets, worthy of a tall confectionery. The personnel and the Chef available and kind you/they have contributed with taste and liking to make the pleasant evening. The relationship price-quality' exceptional! The restaurant is proper for everybody, young people and less young people, families and couples looking for romantic moments.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Going to serenade, not knowing what to expect, however leaving with a surprise. The service was great, me and my girlfriend were very well attended. I ate spaghetti carbonara and the sauce was excellent in my opinion. My girlfriend really enjoyed her food. This restaurant is really recommendable place to go, couldn't stop staring at the lovely beach-front view, nothing better than having our anniversary dinner on a tranquil environment such as this, especially being on the beach :)

1  Thank SilvanExplorer
Reviewed March 6, 2013

This was recommended to us by an Italian as being a special place. Boo, hiss, boring. We were the only guests there and the waiter flew by us in between talking on his cell phone. We eventually just began demanding stuff from other employees wandering by so we were able to get served. My fish was ordered flambe which I thought meant tableside. Not. Mashed potatoes were cold. I think the vegetables were frozen mushy like Swanson's out of the freezer chest. My husband's dorado was overcooked. I could not help but keep staring at the glass pendent lights overhead which were fuzzy with dirt and grease. Like staring at a stip of flypaper; you know you shouldn't look, but just can't help the morbid fascination. Husband says that the men's room had an inch of water on the floor. Dinner was about $50 for two including two cocktails and dessert. I normally would not mind this, but when there are so many fantastic hole-in-the-wall places; this craptastic place just should not be tolerated. We only ate there because they accept credit cards. But Mr. Cell-phone-chatty waiter demanded his tip in cash. Figures.