“Awesome view with food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Serenade Restaurant
Ranked #39 of 127 Restaurants in Cabarete
Cuisines: Italian, Mongolian, Caribbean, International
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Like a suitor singing a love song meant to woo his sweetheart, our on-site restaurant Serenade aims to win your heart with flavors that are guaranteed to tempt your taste buds. Serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner, Chef Luciano Merlino has created a menu that combines his 35 years of experience in Italy with fresh, local ingredients to present a cuisine that is truly unique. And don't forget that any time you are in the mood for a drink (which could be anytime, because, hey you are on vacation!) We invite you to enjoy the festive atmosphere at our bar while sipping on a signature rum cocktail served up by one of our mixologists.
Dominican Republic
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome view with food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

Going to serenade, not knowing what to expect, however leaving with a surprise. The service was great, me and my girlfriend were very well attended. I ate spaghetti carbonara and the sauce was excellent in my opinion. My girlfriend really enjoyed her food. This restaurant is really recommendable place to go, couldn't stop staring at the lovely beach-front view, nothing better than having our anniversary dinner on a tranquil environment such as this, especially being on the beach :)

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SilvanExplorer

Salem, Massachusetts
“Long on pretension, short on attention”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

This was recommended to us by an Italian as being a special place. Boo, hiss, boring. We were the only guests there and the waiter flew by us in between talking on his cell phone. We eventually just began demanding stuff from other employees wandering by so we were able to get served. My fish was ordered flambe which I thought meant tableside. Not. Mashed potatoes were cold. I think the vegetables were frozen mushy like Swanson's out of the freezer chest. My husband's dorado was overcooked. I could not help but keep staring at the glass pendent lights overhead which were fuzzy with dirt and grease. Like staring at a stip of flypaper; you know you shouldn't look, but just can't help the morbid fascination. Husband says that the men's room had an inch of water on the floor. Dinner was about $50 for two including two cocktails and dessert. I normally would not mind this, but when there are so many fantastic hole-in-the-wall places; this craptastic place just should not be tolerated. We only ate there because they accept credit cards. But Mr. Cell-phone-chatty waiter demanded his tip in cash. Figures.

• Visited March 2013
“No - thank you's”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

Chicken was pre made and dry.
Hard to get waiters attention.
No waiter checking back to the table
Had to ask several times for another beer.
I think there was a tax and a tip included on the bill
We were not sure so we gave +20% tip anyway.
Just took payment and walked away.
No thank you. No good buy

Toronto, Canada
“Below par”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

Considering this restaurant is in one of the better hotels in Cabarete, the standard is well below what it should be. Although the spaghetti bolognese I had for dinner was fairly good, the atmosphere was pretty bland. The restaurant itself is not directly on the beach.
I tried the buffet breakfast .... don't bother with this it is actually pretty dreadful in my opinion.
Not worth the money at all.

• Visited December 2012
Sosua, Dominican Republic
“Very well but improve the welcome”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

We are permanent residents in Dominican Republic and already went several times to this restaurant. We eat there very well (just a regret on the mayonnaise which is industrial).
On the other hand, the welcome is to be improved, it would be a plus.

• Visited November 2012