“This place has moved but worth looking for”
Review of Viet Cafe - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Viet Cafe
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Like many others, we looked for Viet Café near its old location at Janet's supermercado. It now shares a location with Front Loop, Thursday through Saturday. If you start at the Irish pub and walk towards the Millenium on the beach, it is near the end of the first group of bar restaurants. There's an outside pool and the sign "Front Loop". Very very nice meals, service and overall ambience. Can't recommend it enough.

1  Thank ohdoggy

Reviewed October 10, 2013

With flyers all over the place, including my hotel, I was excited to try this place. Unfortunately, they don't have a website and the place is somewhat hard to find. So I was doubly disappointed to learn on my second attempt that it wasn't open at all! With mostly good reviews on TA and so many flyers around, it would be a good move for Vietnam Cafe to get a simple web site where it could post its current hours and menu....and drop word to the major hotels that they will be closing so people don't just end up frustrated.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

The service was excellent so that is why I'm giving this review two stars. I sent my curry chicken, coconut rice and papaya salad back for the chicken having no curry and the salad having no papaya. The chicken was plain, overcooked and dried to the point it was not edible. The salad was prepared with still defrosting tomatoes and zero papaya.
Since my daughter had finished eating by the time my second dish was prepared, I asked to take it to go. Imagine my disappointment when I came home to find only my repackaged papayaless salad, leftover rice from the first dish and recooked chicken again with no curry.
Servings are very small as well. Nearly $30.00 for this?
No bueno Viet Cafe.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I wasnt expecting much i had a soup/noodles there with vegetables it was quite tasty. The price is a bit more then average (around 400 pesos i recall) but good value for dinner.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Viet Cafe is a great place. I've lived in Cabarete for many years and was always craving authentic Vietnamese and Thai food, now I've got it!
Since they opened I've been many times and not once have I been disappointed. I went with my friends, guests, groups and they are always friendly, great service and yummy food.
Francois, his wife and their team are a great addition to the diverse "food scene" in Cabarete.
The portions are not too big so you'll be able to have a starter before your main - love the papaya salad, the crispy spring rolls, the summer rolls,...also with the mains I have not been disappointed. I've had their Vietnamese dishes many times but also their curries and friends had the Pat Thai noodles, the fish etc. and loved it.
I'm especially partial to their Pho which they only have on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
I could have it every day!