“Arsenio is a genius with filet mignonette and sauces”
Review of Chez Arsenio

Chez Arsenio
Ranked #28 of 134 Restaurants in Cabarete
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Chez Arsenio is a beach-side restaurant between Cabarete and Sosua, over looking Encuentro Beach. Ocean views and a frequent breeze only add to the excellence of the food. My favorites are filet mignon that comes with your choice of sauces, baked potato and either salad or veggies. The house salad dressing, "tropical", is wonderful but so are the grilled or sautéed vegetables so come more than once to try both. The staff are friendly and most speak enough English to make it easy for visitors. Another favorite, especially for lunch or light supper is the shrimp and cheese quesadillas accompanied by salsa, sour cream and guacamole. Save room for desert too, a good selection and tropical fruit pies (frozen) that will not be found anywhere else on the north coast. Excellent value!

1  Thank Sherry H
There are newer reviews for Chez Arsenio

Reviewed January 28, 2014

We own a home in Cabarete and rent it out when we are not in town. Our property managers recommended this restaurant and I can see why. There is not a lot of seating but we didn't have to wait long to get a table. It's right on the beach so you could hear the waves crashing.
The filet was amazing and cooked perfectly. The seafood pasta and salmon was super tasty. You could tell everything was made to order. To end their frozen lime cheesecake was mouthwatering and my husband loved his tiramisu. Both home maid not store bought. The service was excellent. I highly recommend!

Reviewed January 12, 2014

The food is excellent, very professional and friendly,
I was surprised by such good food ,don't understand some of the bad comments by other reviews. I've been to some of the best restaurants around the world and this cook is up there with them.
Be a good contender for top chefs on TV LOL ..

Reviewed December 26, 2013

We purchased a condo there in October. I can't tell you what a bonus Chez Arsenio's restaurant is to this area. The food is excellent, the servers, Lopez, Himi and Miguel are not only very professional, they are friendly, polite and go out of their way to see that you are having an enjoyable lunch or dinner. We found the food to be unbelievably extraordinary. We're from Louisiana and our taste buds are hard to please. The menu gives you a large variety to chose from and Arsenio has the uncanning expertise to master each superbly. And if you don't see what you want, just ask Arsenio and he will try to accommodate you. I've not seen him fail! Oh, and did I mention the view. You are practically sitting on the beach with palm trees separating you from the beautiful wave action. Don't miss an opportunity to enjoy the fine dining at Chez Arsenio's
Daniel and Brenda Thomas

1  Thank Dbthomas2013
Reviewed December 23, 2013

I was taken here by a friend recently, because I really needed a break from the same 8 restaurants in Sosua that I eat at on a rotating basis. (I don't have a car here.)

It's a very pretty setting, a circular building with a thatched roof, and a great view of the water. It is very pleasant to take your drinks on a walk on the beach while waiting for food to be prepared.

My friend had the salmon, with which she was very pleased, and I had the pasta puttanesca, and was pleasantly surprised to find it actually had a spicy kick. The portions, in Dominican style, are huge. It certainly wasn't knock-your-socks off food, but it was very good, attractively presented, and very tasty.

And quiet. Very, very quiet, which is a premium in the Sosua/Cabarete area.

1  Thank Mollybloom51