“Authentic, charming and nice food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Spanish
Dining options: Dinner, Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Seating
Bergen, Norway
“Authentic, charming and nice food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

This is a great place for some typical dominican food with very reasonable prices. Placed by the main street across from the beach, next to the chinese restaurant. Great service, huge portions of delicious food, and yeah, did I mention cheap? We all love Sandros.

• Visited November 2011

New York City, New York
“Authentic and Excellent Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

Had the best Dominican fried chicken here. The pork was also very good. The prices are low and the service is fine. Despite being located on the busy main street in town, it was not too loud and it was not too hot (they have overhead fans). Great spot for lunch!

• Visited September 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Love This Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

The food is inexpensive and good. After three years, I have never been disappointed. They have traditional Dominican food and great milkshakes.

Visited July 2012
usa
“great local spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

A good change from the expat run restaurants that dominate, great food, low prices, recommended.

Visited July 2012
Corpus Christi, Texas
“We had our doubts but wow what a feast.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

My girlfriend, stepdad, mom and I were visiting Cabarete and became hungry. I suggested returning to Sosua and trying the Jolly Roger Grill. I guess my stepdad was starving because he decided to ask for a good restaurant in the area. Sandro's was suggested. We walked for a block and arrived. He was happy to see us. He got up and greeted us as if we were old friends. He gave us menus and got the cook ready. Then we ordered. I ordered chicken carbonara, my girlfriend fried chicken, and my mom and stepdad cerdo guisado. (pork with gravy) Their meals was huge since it came with tostones habichuelas and arroz. (fried plantain, beans and rice) My chicken carbonara and the sliced french bread was good but had no chicken for some odd reason. My girlfriend enjoyed her chicken. My stepdad and mom loved their meal. There was so much food that I finished mine and ate some of theirs. We left stuffed and with a big smile on our faces. My stepdad calculated that it cost us $20 for the entire meal. Not bad.

• Visited June 2012