“We had our doubts but wow what a feast.”
Review of Sandro - CLOSED

Sandro
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Spanish
Dining options: Dinner, Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Seating
Corpus Christi, Texas
“We had our doubts but wow what a feast.”
Reviewed June 23, 2012

My girlfriend, stepdad, mom and I were visiting Cabarete and became hungry. I suggested returning to Sosua and trying the Jolly Roger Grill. I guess my stepdad was starving because he decided to ask for a good restaurant in the area. Sandro's was suggested. We walked for a block and arrived. He was happy to see us. He got up and greeted us as if we were old friends. He gave us menus and got the cook ready. Then we ordered. I ordered chicken carbonara, my girlfriend fried chicken, and my mom and stepdad cerdo guisado. (pork with gravy) Their meals was huge since it came with tostones habichuelas and arroz. (fried plantain, beans and rice) My chicken carbonara and the sliced french bread was good but had no chicken for some odd reason. My girlfriend enjoyed her chicken. My stepdad and mom loved their meal. There was so much food that I finished mine and ate some of theirs. We left stuffed and with a big smile on our faces. My stepdad calculated that it cost us $20 for the entire meal. Not bad.

• Visited June 2012

heypaula2832@yahoo.com
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Lunch spot!”
Reviewed June 9, 2012

This was a delicious and entertaining spot to have lunch. We sat on the outside edge of the restaurant and watched the people go by while having very good lunch at a resonable price.
Definitely reccommend.

• Visited May 2012
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“The only way to start your day in Cabarate!”
Reviewed February 26, 2012

As local, Cabarate flavor as you can get....located in the center of town, you will be served by the owner. A real Dominican breakfast that you will not forget...and price is one of the outstanding buys in town!

Visited February 2012
Calgary
“Good value, typical Dominican food”
Reviewed February 7, 2012

If you want typical Dominican food in the more touristy part of Cabarete, Sandro is a great option. I had the conch guisado and it was very solid - good portion of conch, salad, rice and beans. Healthy, tasty portion for a reasonable price. No bells and whistles, just solid DR food.

Visited February 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Eat where the locals do”
Reviewed January 1, 2012

If you want authentic Dominican food, including the freshest of fish - at the best possible price, you just must try Sandro's.
Right on the main road across the Iguana Mama on the beach.
No hassles, and you can even bring in your own drinks (in bottles only-no cans)

• Visited December 2011