“I'm sure you get the point….its the best” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gordito's Fresh Mex

Gordito's Fresh Mex
Ranked #2 of 127 Restaurants in Cabarete
Cuisines: Mexican, Fast Food
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Gordito's Fresh Mex is a fast serve restaurant with indoor and outdoor seating. We serve super fresh salad bowls, burritos and tacos. We can cater to children and vegans as well.Home of the famous "Mambo Fish Taco"
Halifax, Canada
“I'm sure you get the point….its the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

Background: Lived in mexico, travelled all around Mexico, eats tacos everywhere

Best fish taco I have ever eaten in my life. Fresh mahi mahi and secret sauce…what else do you need. Workers are hilarious. Hopefully their boss gives them a nice bonus each year for their new surfboards cause they work hard and are very happy people for having to deal with drunk gringos ordering copious amounts of taco….everyday…all year.

• Visited February 2014

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
Toronto, Canada
“Great and affordable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

We ate here almost every day for lunch. Nothing exceptional, but great price for tasty food. There were surprisingly very few alternatives that was this convenient.

Visited February 2014
Sudbury, Canada
“Not out of the ordinary but good.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

We stopped in for a bite to eat, while we were exploring Cabarete and its beaches, because I had researched the restaurants, and this one had been in the number one spot for quite a while. I couldn't wait to see what was so fabulous! It is a clean and small sized fast food restaurant. There are three tables inside and the others are outside. We ate the soft burritos and they were good. There were others that came in after us and just cut in line and ordered. They were not told to stand in line behind us. Maybe they were regulars? When I went to pay, I had to wait again as someone asked the cashier something and she served him instead of continuing with the process of the line. I have seen much friendlier people in many different restaurants in Cabarete. I guess if you want to eat on a very cheap budget and eat tacos or burritos everyday, it's a good place. Otherwise, there are many of these fast food places all over the world. There was nothing special about the place or the food, but it was good. I was disappointed that the reviews I had read were so over the top!

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
“Yummy and great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

Gordito's is across the road from Swell Surf Camp, where I was staying, and quickly became the favourite post-surf lunch venue for all of the guests. Tacos and burritos with a variety of fillings (fresh local fish, ground beef, pulled pork or veggie) are freshly made as you watch and the servings are generous, especially given the cheap prices. Highly recommended!

Visited February 2014
Ottawa Canada
“Yummy !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

Last year when we visited Cabarete, we walked past Gordito's but didn't go in. Now l wish we had. The fresh smells were definitely intoxicating. So this year we made a point of going in. Believe me, you have to try this place. You will not be disappointed. My wife and l both enjoyed our meals. It is exactly like Subway, you decide what meat you want in either a taco, burrito or a bowl, then decide what fresh toppings you want. All l can say is YUMMY ! The staff took their time to explain everything and then gave us more time to decide what we wanted. I can now understand how people go back again and again.

• Visited February 2014