“Great and affordable”

Ranked #2 of 141 Restaurants in Cabarete
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery
Description: Gordito's Fresh Mex is a fast serve restaurant with indoor and outdoor seating. We serve super fresh salad bowls, burritos and tacos. We have vegan and gluten free meal options. Great for kids.Home of the famous "Mambo Fish Taco"
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We ate here almost every day for lunch. Nothing exceptional, but great price for tasty food. There were surprisingly very few alternatives that was this convenient.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,107)

Reviewed February 17, 2014

We stopped in for a bite to eat, while we were exploring Cabarete and its beaches, because I had researched the restaurants, and this one had been in the number one spot for quite a while. I couldn't wait to see what was so fabulous! It is a clean and small sized fast food restaurant. There are three tables inside and the others are outside. We ate the soft burritos and they were good. There were others that came in after us and just cut in line and ordered. They were not told to stand in line behind us. Maybe they were regulars? When I went to pay, I had to wait again as someone asked the cashier something and she served him instead of continuing with the process of the line. I have seen much friendlier people in many different restaurants in Cabarete. I guess if you want to eat on a very cheap budget and eat tacos or burritos everyday, it's a good place. Otherwise, there are many of these fast food places all over the world. There was nothing special about the place or the food, but it was good. I was disappointed that the reviews I had read were so over the top!

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Gordito's is across the road from Swell Surf Camp, where I was staying, and quickly became the favourite post-surf lunch venue for all of the guests. Tacos and burritos with a variety of fillings (fresh local fish, ground beef, pulled pork or veggie) are freshly made as you watch and the servings are generous, especially given the cheap prices. Highly recommended!

Reviewed February 11, 2014

Last year when we visited Cabarete, we walked past Gordito's but didn't go in. Now l wish we had. The fresh smells were definitely intoxicating. So this year we made a point of going in. Believe me, you have to try this place. You will not be disappointed. My wife and l both enjoyed our meals. It is exactly like Subway, you decide what meat you want in either a taco, burrito or a bowl, then decide what fresh toppings you want. All l can say is YUMMY ! The staff took their time to explain everything and then gave us more time to decide what we wanted. I can now understand how people go back again and again.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

We ate there twice because the food was so good and fresh! It was an excellent value. The place is very clean and the service was good.