“Best cheap food in town” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gordito's Fresh Mex

Gordito's Fresh Mex
Ranked #2 of 121 Restaurants in Cabarete
Cuisines: Mexican, Fast Food
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Gordito's Fresh Mex is a fast serve restaurant with indoor and outdoor seating. We serve super fresh salad bowls, burritos and tacos. We can cater to children and vegans as well.Home of the famous "Mambo Fish Taco"
Cabarete
“Best cheap food in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I eat there almost everyday. The food is consistently great and so is the friendly service. It is cheap and very fast. I have not a single bad word to say about this amazing establishment and it's lovely owners.

Visited November 2012

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
Harrisonburg, Virginia
“The best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

This was by far my favorite place in Cabarete! After all of your activities, it is very filling food for a great price! It is more of a tex-mex style and the always have fresh fish and juices. But what sets Gorditos apart is the staff. I knew everyone by name after the first visit. I have food allergies and they were very accommodating, more so than the other restaurants I ate at while in Cabarete. I even tried their restaurant, Gorditos Cantina, and they were very particular about making sure that I got food that still tasted good. And when I got sick, they gave me complimentary coconut water. Finally, they made me a meal on my last evening to say good-bye. They really treat you like family. They will be my first stop when I get back to Cabarete!

Keep doing what you are doing!

Visited July 2013
San Francisco, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What can you say”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

The locals and tourists always pack this place out....Fish tacos are excellent and the guac is heavenly. Gordito's Cantina (next door) is even better if you want a more formal dining experience....the Cantina Chef is crazy. He'll have you eating off the floor...yes, he's that good....ask for the Chef's menu.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
Miami, Florida
“As fresh as can be.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Great healthy food along with a fun atmosphere .mexican with a local flair. Relax setting in which you don't want to leave.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Puerto Rico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great fish tacos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Fresh and amazing! Sat outside and ate six of the best tacos I have ever had. The owner wouldn't even let me pay for the first two !!!!

• Visited September 2013