“Worst place to stay”

Millennium Resort & Spa
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Cabarete
“Worst place to stay”
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

If you want ultra modern rooms with horrible service, this is your kind of place. There were so many accidents of guests triping, banging their heads I was amazed this place still is there. You will eat away from hotel every night which at the price of the rooms per night, is sad.

• Stayed February 2013
6 Thank Earthgirlny
MeghanCIsland, Guest Relations Manager at Millennium Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
I am sorry that this was your impression of the resort. If you had stayed at Millennium, I think you would have formed a very different opinion.
If you had stayed here at Millennium, I think you would have found the rooms to be very comfortable, clean, and well-appointed. The hotel is just more than one year old, and I believe you would have found the beds to be luxurious, the amenities convenient, and the staff to be very hard-working and courteous.
Our property is on the beach and only a 7 minute walk from town. We offer peace and quiet at close proximity to all of the wonderful restaurants and nightlife of Cabarete.
Our restaurant is open every day for all meals and for room service. There is no need to eat away from the hotel unless you wish to experience one of the many wonderful restaurants in the area.
I do hope that if you stay with us one day, you will enjoy a wonderful holiday with here and have a review to write based on your experience as a guest. Writing a review of a property you did not stay at can misrepresent and undermine all of the wonderful features and hard work of the employees of this establishment.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed in a 3-bed suite and it was extremely spacious and comfortable with a large outdoor space overlooking the pool and beach and a full kitchen. This is a truly beach front hotel and for the price it's the best value beach front I've ever stayed in.

We ate at aqua restaurant a few times but found that only the pizzas were really good. Pastas were okay, salad was mediocre, breakfast on the only day we had it was awful. Walked along the beach to Cabarete coffee company a few times where breakfast was fast , fresh and tasty. Also took one of the efficient taxis alOng to Janet's in Cabarete for groceries, you can get everything there including great fresh papaya, pineapples and mango.

Internet speed is terrible and for some reason there are no in room phones in the larger apartments (don't know about the regular rooms) and cell reception was poor.

The pool and beach are very nice but they should look at providing more loungers as it seemed there were only 20 or so for the whole hotel.

I had a massage in the spa and the treatment room was clean and pleasant. The gym looks tiny on the website pics and it is tiny! One treadmill, one stairclImber, two adjustable benches and some weights and kettle bells.

Front desk is only ever staffed by one person which is challenging. Staff member frequently interrupts your query to answer the phone. As we were checking out there were people arriving for check in who were simply told to leave their bags in a side room and come back in 2 hours when check-in would begin!

At check out we were asked to pay $20 for a mislaid key card, which we declined to do as they could not produce any written evidence that this was their policy. We had also paid a $500 security deposit on arrival which we had to remind them of as there was no record of it in their system. Luckily we had the credit card receipt to show them but we felt quite shoddily treated at check out despite having enjoyed our stay. Front desk staff should be the hub of a great experience for visitors to a hotel, and it did feel a little as if we were checking out of a hostel.

• Stayed February 2013
5 Thank Magsworld
Jacksonville
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed in the 3-Bedroom Deluxe with friends for 5 days. The condo and balcony was spacious and beautifully decorated. It was home away from home. I could easily live here. The balcony was spaticious and well furnished, perfect for watching the kite surfers. The Aqua grill on site is very good. There are many other beach front restaurants in walking distance. Janets is the best grocery store. (Will need a driver or car.) There are alot of beach vendors. The massages and fruit are very good. Be wary of the fake cigars. They will give you a real tester then sell you a box of moldy cigars. The best tip: There are heafty fees associated with Credit Card use at the Condo. They want cash upon check out. Overall, this vaction was better than an all-inclusive resort.

Room Tip: If you are older (40ish), you will want the rooms closest to the beach. The newer building is geare...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Patty O
Ottawa
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I stayed with my family at Millenium for 10 days and had a great time. The rooms were big and clean. The Spa and Gym areas were excellent. The infinity pool was an amazing way to spend the day while waiting for the wind to pick up. And great food at the Aqua restaurant. The service from all the staff was of the highest standards. This was our third time staying at Millenium and we will definitely return.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank donovjo
NY,NY
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I can't recommend this hotel enough. This is a great vacation choice. The millennium is a wonderful hotel. It is in an excellent environment, right on the beach it reminds me of Aspen years ago (so beautiful). This is a true 5 star hotel at a great price. They have great service the staff makes you feel very welcome. They never let something go unnoticed. The Millennium hotel is a big part of why I can't wait to go to the Dominican Republic. It's a great escape from city life. I have vacationed there many times and I am never disappointed with the experience while staying there.

Joe P.

NY, NY

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Joe P
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 24, 2013

After going to St Barts for 20 years I am so happy that i found another paradise to vacation away to, which is cabarate. I have been visiting for the last seven years and since millennium opened two years ago I have booked all my stays there, it is a wonderful resort it has everything you need in one place. The food, service and beach are amazing and the staff is extremely polite and helpful. I am leaving for my next visit to millennium next week and i cannot wait to get back to my paradise. Pierre Ouaknine

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
6 Thank pierreouaknine
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed January 11, 2013

The staff made me feel like family and the way they interact with each other is like family. I never went unnoticed. The staff addressed me by name and said good morning to me everyday. The hotel itself, although under construction, was very nice and comfortable. I wouldn't change a thing. I appreciate the security and truly had an amazing time. I intend to return to the island and the hotel in the next 6 months.

Room Tip: One bedroom suites overlook the ocean at an angel.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family