“The Ultimate”

Kayak River Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer a variety of tours that fit different "tastes" of adventure. Wether you would enjoy rappelling down waterfalls, making insanely big jumps into crystal blue waters, spelunking through huge prehistoric caves, or lazily making your way down a river through the countryside with your friends and family. We have tours that adventurous for all!Our kayaking/River Sup tours you will paddle your way through rapids and clear pools under a canopy of lush tropical vegetation. Swing from Tarzan vines, jump in the water, swim with the fish, listen to the birds and enjoy the incredibly beautiful countryside. Fun and easy, ideal for families and friends, these trips are usually 4 hours long with transportation and lunch included.Our Canyoning/Canyoneering tours are the best of Dominican adventures. You will be jumping, climbing, rappelling, scrambling, and caving through the most spectacular landscapes and waterfalls. We can arrange either full or half day tours."La Cueva"- The cave is our newest high adventure tour. This tour starts with a 130 foot vertical rappel into 10 story cave where you will make your way through rivers,and over/under boulders. This is extreme adventure!
Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 attraction reviews
“The Ultimate”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

My husband and I decided to be adventurous on our 2nd anniversary and booked a couple excursions through Kayak River Adventures. I have nothing but great things to say about all of our guides, especially Alberto and Matt. I am not keen on jumping from any height but that is part of the canyoning. Alberto knew this and made it his mission to get me to lower spots. By the end of the trip, my confidence had been located and was wanting to jump just a little higher.

We booked The Ultimate and the Caves. My only recommendation if you do either of these activities is don't wear the 5 finger shoes. The grip on the bottom isn't the best and leads to more slipping than necessary (you'll do plenty of that on your own). Also, they don't provide any front toe protection. With all the rocks you're wading through and climbing over, you'll stub a toe (which I did) and it'll be painful walking after. Two days later and I'm still walking funny :-) Wear water shoes that have toe protection.

One more amazing part of the trip was the home cooked meal afterwards. Authentic Dominican lunch/dinner was perfect!

Visited September 2013
MattCabarete, Manager at Kayak River Adventures, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Thank for the kind words about the Ultimate and La Cueva Tours and spending your 2nd anniversary having some adventurous fun in the jungle with us. I will pass the advice on about the toe shoes to future guests on our tours.

Matt

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“six falls fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

we went on the six falls canyoning trip and it was AMAZING!! guides were super helpful, safe, and fun! canyoning itself was pretty easy but the hike back up the canyon is tiring (but doable). If you have a waterproof camera you should bring it!!! they take pictures for you if you don't have one.
overall awesome once in a lifetime experience!

Visited July 2013
MattCabarete, Manager at Kayak River Adventures, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you your kind review of the Six Falls Canyoning Trip. Out of all six of our canyoning trips this is least one gone on, but one of the most amazing! We love sharing the canyon with guests to the Dominican Republic. I hope all went well with your volunteer time here and hope to see you again in future! Everyday is an adventure... somedays are just more adventurous than others!

Nashville, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Canyoning was excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

Matteo and Anthonio were excellent guides and you must go the canyoning while in the D.R. My wife and I had a great time and scenery is superb.

Visited July 2013
Thank you for coming with us canyoning. That canyon is a special place that we love sharing with guest to the Dominican Republic. Everyday is an adventure... somedays just more adventurous than others!

Queretaro City, Mexico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Magic Mushroom...AMAZING!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

My boyfriend and I just took the "Magic Mushroom" canyoning adventure yesterday and I have only wonderful and positive things to say about the guides and the trip! Both of our guides, Matt and Alberto, were very attentive to everyone's needs and also very knowledgeable about the area. This adventure consisted of several jumps from various heights as well as opportunities to rappel, all while trekking through beautiful scenery. Also, the home cooked meal at the end of the trip was no doubt one of the best meals I've eaten in the DR so far. Definitely an adrenaline pumping adventure and I would do it again in a heart beat!! Don't miss out on such a wonderful opportunity while in the DR!

Visited July 2013
Thank you so much for your review of our Magic Mushroom Canyoning Trip. The canyon is such a special place and sincerely enjoy every minute we get to spend there. Of course sharing it with guests to the Dominican Republic is even a greater joy! "Remember everyday is an adventure..." somedays are just adventurous than others.

mississippi
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Awesome family time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

Our family of four (kids age 6 and 10) went kayaking on the 4th of July.
Our guide Matt was awesome! He pointed out various sights, and was very knowledgeable about the DR. The river was a perfect mix or relaxation and excitement. We also had a very quality Dominican Lunch at a local home. Overall, it was an awesome way to spend the holiday!

Visited July 2013
MattCabarete, Manager at Kayak River Adventures, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Thank you for joining us for an enjoyable river day kayaking. It was our pleasure taking you and your family out on the river. We hope the rest of your stay in the Dominican Republic is great and you have a safe journey home.

Kayak River Adventures