“Mind-blowing Adventure”

Kayak River Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer a variety of tours that fit different "tastes" of adventure. Wether you would enjoy rappelling down waterfalls, making insanely big jumps into crystal blue waters, spelunking through huge prehistoric caves, or lazily making your way down a river through the countryside with your friends and family. We have tours that adventurous for all!Our kayaking/River Sup tours you will paddle your way through rapids and clear pools under a canopy of lush tropical vegetation. Swing from Tarzan vines, jump in the water, swim with the fish, listen to the birds and enjoy the incredibly beautiful countryside. Fun and easy, ideal for families and friends, these trips are usually 4 hours long with transportation and lunch included.Our Canyoning/Canyoneering tours are the best of Dominican adventures. You will be jumping, climbing, rappelling, scrambling, and caving through the most spectacular landscapes and waterfalls. We can arrange either full or half day tours."La Cueva"- The cave is our newest high adventure tour. This tour starts with a 130 foot vertical rappel into 10 story cave where you will make your way through rivers,and over/under boulders. This is extreme adventure!
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Mind-blowing Adventure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

I went on the waterfall canyoning adventure with Helmut and two of his guides, Paulo and Arturo. It was about an hour drive from Cabarete out to the canyon, but the drive was beautiful. They had wetsuits and sturdy shoes available for each of our party of six to wear. After we hiked down into the canyon (a quick 7 minute hike down), Helmut took time to brief us on the best way to trudge through the canyon (through the water, not along the shore) and gave us safety tips on jumping from the waterfalls. I can't tell you how terrified I was of jumping from any height - before this trip, I'd never even jumped off a diving board. All three of our guides were patient and understanding anytime I got freaked out at the top of a jump or repel (which, let's face it, was every time!). They were all very kind and absolutely hilarious and took lots of pictures (so I have proof now that I really did jump off waterfalls!).

I'm not a super strong or confident swimmer (which is why you won't see me surfing), but I did totally fine on this adventure. The guys tell you which direction to jump each time so that you land in the deepest part of the water (which is therefore the safest direction to jump). You never have to swim further than maybe 20 meters after you hit the water until you get to the shore.

Don't worry about encountering jungle critters on the adventure - I saw one tiny spider, a few buzzy bugs and barely even remember any birds. The hardest part is the trudge back up out of the canyon (especially once the adrenaline starts to wear off), but there is an incredible lunch of traditional Dominican fare waiting back at the headquarters. And honestly, the meal I had there was the best meal I had out while on the island.

I had an incredible time and can't thank Helmut, Paulo and Arturo enough!

Cabarete, Dominican Republic
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A must do adventure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

What a fantastic morning kayaking the river with an awesome guide. Don't miss out on a brilliant adventure topped with a scrumptious Dominican lunch. Our nine year old is asking to go again.. Now that's cool. Angie and Chris

Ulm, Germany
“Fun and exciting day trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

The weather forecast for our last day in Cabarete was really bad - another kiteboarding lesson not an option. So, my friend and I started searching the internet for something else to do and found the web page of "kayak river adventures". Didn't look so good first either since the min. number of people for the "Magic Mushroom canyoning trip" is 4 but Helmut, our guide, found another person and got the trip together.
Pick up at the hotel, drive through the lush green countryside, jumping into blue pools, rappelling down aside cascading waterfalls and afterward a delicious Dominican lunch....adrenaline rush and adventure - a perfect trip.
The guides Helmut and Alberto were great, I always felt safe - the equipment (harness, helmet etc.) was very well maintained. I would go back in an instant to do the day trip with them.
Thank you guys again for a fun and exciting last day in the DR!

Visited May 2013
Hants
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Amazing day out!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

Loved the adventure of scrambling over rocks, jumping off waterfalls and rappelling over the mushroom rock. As complete novices we had nothing to fear, and brilliant memories to keep afterwards!

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Well organized canyoning trip with excellent guides at a breathtaking location!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

We were in Cabarete for the week kitesurfing and went on a non windy day on this canyoning adventure. Our family consisted out of 3 adults and 2 kids (13 and 14). Pick up was exactly on time from our hotel. We had 9 people total in our group with 4 guides. After about 45 minutes in the van we arrived and were greeted with coffee, fitted with wetsuits, helmets and harnesses. After a short 10 minute walk the adventure began! Beautiful river with amazing jumps and repelling through waterfalls. The guides made sure everybody was informed and we never were scared. It was very thrilling though. The climb out of the canyon was adventurous climbing on rocks. When we came back out of the canyon we were served a home cooked Dominican meal that was delicious. Overall a great trip that our whole group will talk about for a long time. Highly recommended!