“Canyoning. Yes.”

Kayak River Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer a variety of tours that fit different "tastes" of adventure. Wether you would enjoy rappelling down waterfalls, making insanely big jumps into crystal blue waters, spelunking through huge prehistoric caves, or lazily making your way down a river through the countryside with your friends and family. We have tours that adventurous for all!Our kayaking/River Sup tours you will paddle your way through rapids and clear pools under a canopy of lush tropical vegetation. Swing from Tarzan vines, jump in the water, swim with the fish, listen to the birds and enjoy the incredibly beautiful countryside. Fun and easy, ideal for families and friends, these trips are usually 4 hours long with transportation and lunch included.Our Canyoning/Canyoneering tours are the best of Dominican adventures. You will be jumping, climbing, rappelling, scrambling, and caving through the most spectacular landscapes and waterfalls. We can arrange either full or half day tours."La Cueva"- The cave is our newest high adventure tour. This tour starts with a 130 foot vertical rappel into 10 story cave where you will make your way through rivers,and over/under boulders. This is extreme adventure!
Toronto, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Canyoning. Yes.”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Holy crap, the canyoning tour was THE MOST technical, exhilarating, scary, amazing, funtastic trail hike of my life - and I'm not a stranger to trail hikes!

In all seriousness, you better be fit and ready to push yourself. If I could do this every weekend I totally would. And the price? Completely worth it. I would have spent more.

The best part was the home cooked Dominican meal made by the family of one of the guides. The warmth, and true authenticity of everything made it one of the best excursions I've ever been on while on vacation.

Thanks Helmut, Matt, and the other Dominican guide (forgot his name!) for an afternoon we'll never forget.

Visited September 2012

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent family day out”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

From start to finish this was an excellent day out. Not too taxing for our 7 and 8 year old and exciting enough for our 15 year old and ourselves. Breathtaking scenery and great instruction with perfectly pitched safety tips and advice about how to manage the technical sections.
We loved and think that it is great value for money, we will be back!

Thank you Helmut!

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Jane P
“A One-of-a-Kind Experience!”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

If you are visiting Cabarete, you shouldn't go home until you've gone on this tour with Kayak River Adventures. As you paddle down the river you are surrounded by sheer beauty everywhere you look and feel completely at ease with Helmut and Paolo as your guides. Something else I really enjoyed about this trip was that I felt like our group was the only group of foreigners on the island. It wasn't often that we saw people along the banks of the river, but when we did, they were locals. And, at the very end of the trip, it was a lovely Dominican lady that served us a delicious meal in the lawn of her home. It was the perfect ending to the perfect trip.

Visited May 2012
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Incredible”
Reviewed June 17, 2012

I’ve just returned from an incredible day canyoning with Helmut and his team. The trip far exceeded my expectations from start to finish. Although the emphasis was clearly on having fun, the attention to safety was impressive.

A friend recommended the trip and I’m grateful he did. I was blown over by the approach and professionalism and of Helmuts operation. His knowledge of the river, the waterfalls and the jumps is amazing. I also appreciated that the other stuff also ran like clockwork- on time pick up, good equipment, water and food just when you need it.

This is a ‘must-do’ trip in Cabarete and these are the people to do it with.

Visited June 2012
“A MUST DO”
Reviewed February 17, 2012

Cannoyning with Helmut was one of, if not the most exciting adventures I have had in the Dominican thus far. It was a very exciting day filled with swimming, repelling off of waterfalls, and jumping from cliffs. I loved every second of it, and would do it again in a heartbeat. Afterwards, we had a home-cooked Dominican meal, the best I have had yet. A perfect ending to the day.

Visited February 2012