All reviews every morning dulce hosts airport beach dr vacation
Reviewed July 22, 2015

Made a reservation for this rental on a site separate from tripadvisor.com on short notice and arrived at location the following day. Dulce and Gert made sure that the room was ready and clean for our stay. There is a fridge, small electric stove and television in the room with hot water for the shower. Queen sized bed w/futon and we had one of the balcony apartments of the 3 available on the property. Room has air conditioning as well.

Pool area has a stove with oven if you decide you would like to prepare any meals poolside. There were also boogey boards that Gert allowed us to use at the beach which is less than 150 m from the rental unit.

I saw from another review that stated he had a problem with Dulce, which was not my experience at all. Both Dulce and Gert are very friendly approachable property managers happy to answer questions about activities the area presents or have a conversation with the guests. Dulce was kind enough to share a kale-based health smoothie that she had made based off one of the casual conversations we had. They were respectful at all times and made my family feel they were eager for us to have a good experience in the Dominican Republic during our stay.

There was also a remark from the same reviewer about the neighborhood being "third world" on the drive to the property as it is not on the immediate highway east of Cabarete. There is a large time-share complex that is tied up in court litigation that you drive through if you approach from the West. As of June 2015 the buildings are not being used, but I don't feel the neighborhood was detrimental to the experience of our stay in the slightest. We saw maybe 7 people in the hours we spent on the beach in front of the property and the neighborhood was super, super quiet. Felt safe at all times during our stay @ Brisas Doradas.

The times that I have had vacations in Hawaii or Costa Rica were with similar lodging arrangements. There is a sense of privacy and a more "local" experience that comes with staying at this type of property as opposed to the all-inclusive resorts which is what we were seeking from our lodging.

Will look to stay @ Brisas Doradas in the future if we have the opportunity, and would recommend to anyone.

Thanks again!

Cash only payment.

GPS coordinates to location: N 19.72674 W 70.38197

Room tip: 3 units at property stayed on 2nd floor west side w/ balcony
Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank DMcC801
Reviewed April 13, 2015

We were looking for a place to chill and found it definitely! Brisas Doradas is a very nice and secure B&B outside of Cabarete. We decided to stay here for a month to recover from our stressful jobs. The hosts, Gert and Dulce, are very friendly. We enjoyed Dulce's delicious breakfast served at the pool every morning. She also surprised us with a candle-light-dinner. She is an excellent an passionate cook!
We didn't miss to go daily to the beautiful beach just in front of Brisas Doradas (great waves for body-boarding).
We highly recommend Brisas Doradas!

Room tip: Rooms No. 1 and 2 have a great beach view
Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kurt215
Reviewed February 9, 2015

A beautiful decorated hotel. Lovely service. The hygiene standard is high - which I prefer due to other accidents traveling abroad - this was not the case at BD! Clean sheets, fresh towels and always clean pool area.
Always a friendly smile to meet you.

My experience with the hotel was over my expectations. The beautiful nature right at your feet - combined with Dulces fabulous food - It can't be described!
If you are wondering whether you wan to go to Dominican Republic, and where to stay - Brisas Doradas is the place - honestly!

Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank PetreaSC
Gert D, Owner at Brisas Doradas Guest House & Wellness Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2015

Thank you, it was a pleasure having you again.
Best regards
Brisas Doradas

Reviewed February 2, 2015

My stay at Brisas Doradas was was the complete package of luxury, wellness and the beautiful ocen front that I took many walks on. Gert and Dulce went out of their ways on giving me that 5 star feeling threw Dulce's delicious health dishes and her variety of raw juices she loved making! Gert was so kind in offering me a ride into town for me to enjoy the restaurants and clothing boutiques. I can't wait to come back and visit this warm and private B&B.

Thank you Gert & Dulce for making my trip amazing!!

Date of stay: January 2015
2  Thank Edra1
Reviewed January 14, 2015

Driving to place I really got the third world country feel - you have to drive through what I would consider to be a slummish area, past abandoned resort complexes. I was hoping to see the beach but it is located below a dune. The empty lot next door seemed a little swampish. Gert was ok to deal with but Dulce? Something not right there. Oh yeah .... 9:00 am check out. "You need to leave so we have time to clean for the next guests arriving." Many other places. Wouldn't go back.

Date of stay: February 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank 314beachbum
Gert D, Owner at Brisas Doradas Guest House & Wellness Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2015

This is not a TripAdvisor custormer, and for sure not a coupel, but its all ways sad when somebody is disappointed.
The place was rented to an agency, and the service was unfortunately not in my hands, but provided by your agency, so please tell your agensy about that problem, our service are normally on the reight level.
Wet area, can be a problem in all tropicall places when you are visiting in the rainy season, thats common sense, and this year we got way more rain than normal, nothing we can do about that.
We are normally very open when it comes to check in and out, custermers will tell us what there needs are, and we try our best to please our custormers, and help out where we can.
We are not woorking with this agency anymore, the servic they are providing are not in line with our business ideas, and can not go hand in hand with normal family ideas.
Please check our beautiful photos, there you can check our location on the beach, and we are enjoying our open views to the beach and ocean everyday, with our customers.
Respectfully