Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Very informative, helpful and assuring

This was my second time visiting Gokite in Cabarete. The last time was in 2010. I would describe... read more

Reviewed March 15, 2020
TommyFB
Toronto, Canada
via mobile
GoKite - Awesome Experience - Great Instructor - Fantastic Time

I booked my lessons on the recommendation of a friend and what an outstanding experience it was... read more

Reviewed March 8, 2020
cmreil1084

All reviews punta rucia kite beach these guys the owner amazing team package deal day trip positive experience great instructor awesome experience windy days kite lessons dominican republic supervision richard kiteboarding gear
Selected filters
Reviewed May 4, 2017

We spent 10 days in Cabarete and 5 of those had good enough winds to work on our novice kiting skills. Richard was great to interact with, and his guide Gabriel taught me how to stay upwind. At one point I crashed the kite out by the reef and couldn't relaunch it due to the waves and slack lines . One his guys, Bico, kited out, retrieved the kite, then came back and gave me a tow back to shore. Great crew of guys.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed May 4, 2017

We had a great time at the school. Instructors were very helpful and fun to work with. They were able to help with any questions I had and certainly helped me make a big improvement in my mechanics. The location is also great, conditions are perfect for beginners and once you start riding you cant ask for anything better. I definitely recommend to anyone visiting for a short or long-term stay.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed April 19, 2017

There are lots of kite schools on Kite Beach in Cabarete however I found this school the best for a beginner. The staff are terrific and very helpful. They have great equipment and make the learning process, which can be frustrating for a novice fun and informative and are super helpful and encouraging. Really enjoyed my lessons with the guys and will definatley use their services again!

Reviewed April 11, 2017 via mobile

I spent some time in Cabarete this winter and wanted to take some kitesurfing lessons. There is a lot of schools and choosing one can be overwhelming! I chose Go Kite , they made me feel welcome right away. Richard the owner and Gabriel the manager were always keen to provide me with the best experience possible and tailor a package to meet my specific need at the best price (very flexible). Dealing with Richard and Gabriel was always a pleasure, they are both very friendly and highly professional. The equipment is top notch and very well maintained thanks to Papo who is always eager to help you with a smile, in short a great guy and very knowledgeable in all kite maters. The staff , Juan Carlos, Solon, Junior, Anthony, Raoul, Jean-André are the soul of the school! They are very very patient with newbies like me and always have good words of encouragement creating a great environment in which to learn. The overall vibe at the school is awesome! I didn't regret my choice one bit, they will make you fell welcome no matter your level. Thanks to all at Go kite for a great time, see you next year!

Date of experience: January 2017
Reviewed April 10, 2017

I've spent decades wintering in Cabarete & was instantly hooked when I first saw kiters at Kite Beach around 2000. In the early 2000's, Richard Díaz, owner of GoKite, was my supervisor & helped me to kiting proficiency. RIchard was the first native Dominican to open a kite school in Cabarete. He trains & employs young men from the area and encourages them to learn english and continue their studies in general.
GoKite is a great place to learn to kite for all ages. They have the latest & best gear & stress safety at all times. GoKite teachers all have many years of experience, english fluency & can tailor a program that suits each individual student's strengths. They make it possible for almost anyone, of all ages to become a kiteboarder.
All this is coupled with an atmosphere that is friendly, supportive of all levels of kiter and truly international. I hang out there most afternoon's from mid January until the end of March. Ask the guys "Which one is Alex?". I'll see you there!

Date of experience: February 2017