Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Very informative, helpful and assuring

This was my second time visiting Gokite in Cabarete. The last time was in 2010. I would describe... read more

Reviewed March 15, 2020
TommyFB
Toronto, Canada
via mobile
GoKite - Awesome Experience - Great Instructor - Fantastic Time

I booked my lessons on the recommendation of a friend and what an outstanding experience it was... read more

Reviewed March 8, 2020
cmreil1084

All reviews punta rucia kite beach these guys the owner amazing team package deal day trip positive experience great instructor awesome experience windy days kite lessons dominican republic supervision richard kiteboarding gear
Selected filters
Reviewed April 6, 2017

Joel was a great instructor. Had me up & kiting in 3 days, about 7 hours of lessons. If I had more energy I would have been up sooner. They have a ton of gear and won't hesitate to swap out kites and boards etc. Great school for a total beginner.

Date of experience: March 2017
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed March 12, 2017

Came to Cabarete to enjoy some sun and saw the kites. Flown for a bit years ago, but not in over 6 years. Got a referral to Gokite and they set me up with a refresher lesson and equipment. Top notch staff and service, can't wait to get back out there again.

Date of experience: March 2017
Reviewed January 19, 2017

We wanted to get photos of us kitesurfing, paid $30.00 US. They promised to upload the photos within a day or two, but never did. I called after a week, they were blaming the rains for poor internet connection.
I have a bad feeling that we will never get these photos.

Date of experience: January 2017
gokitecabarete, Owner at Gokite Cabarete Kiteboarding School, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2017

Hi Michael,
we are very sorry that you had to wait for over a week to receive your photos.

Like we mentioned before, we were (and are) having problems with the internet access, as everyone else in the area—especially after the 3-month period of non-stop rain that we just went through.

It took us 6 days of trying to upload, until we decided to process all the photos and reduce their file size, in order to email them to you.

On our end, we’re trying to remedy this situation the best we can, from constantly reviewing the equipment, to purchasing additional wifi packages—but when it comes to the infrastructure, we can’t do much except calling the service providers almost every day…

Again, we’re very sorry for your bad experience, and hope you’ll understand that we’re dealing with non(and sub)-standard conditions here, and that things sometimes don’t go as planned.

Anyway, we hope you enjoy your photos.

Reviewed November 20, 2016

Congratulations Richard and all the tireless instructors, who with good humor teamed up to help me learn to ride, I appreciate the flexibility in timing, and chances to take a break anytime, then try different kites.

The staff keep a close eye on all their customers and continued to feed tips to help improve and try new moves.

It was very helpful and interesting to try out different equipment with an eye to eventually buying my own.

On non-windy days we took a couple of tours. private boat, seaside fresh seafood feast, snorkeling on the reefs and mangrove swamps. One of the most amazing days ever.

After a day on and in the water, we enjoyed a superb sushi meal in the restaurant.
Chef Raul is amazing!

On my next visit it may be a down winder or one of those fabulous flat water bays....nature and time will tell.

Date of experience: October 2016
1  Thank Gregory S
Reviewed September 4, 2016

Now I am an up-winder, I had so much fun, perfect supervision from a group of guys that are super awesome. Richard and his team are extremely helpful, supportive, and will always give you the best deal you can ever have. I had 2 weeks and now I am so comfortable with my kiting level and I feel my ROI is extremely viable.

Date of experience: August 2016