“World Kite Surfing Championships in Cabarete, Dominican Republic”

Gokite Cabarete Kiteboarding School
More attraction details
Owner description: Cabarete is loved for windsurfing, surfing as well as kiteboarding. With constant trade winds and warm waters, Gokite Cabarete is the ideal place to learn Kiteboarding. You will find us located at Extreme Hotel on Kite Beach Cabarete.
New York City, New York
“World Kite Surfing Championships in Cabarete, Dominican Republic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

Wonderful area of the northern coast of the DR called Cabarete where the World Kite Surfing Championships take place and Kite Surfing is accessible to anyone who wants to learn! Just half and hour from the local airport that is service by Delta, American and Jet Blue. Miles of white sandy beaches and then a channel that feeds into a huge lagoon of the Yasica River where the Kite Surfing takes place. Tour boats will take you fishing along the river bank and you will see vista of beautiful palm groves and other vegetation. Come and shake your favorite wild avocado tree, taste the mango and papaya or munch on plantains. Lodgings along the main road include bungalow type hotels situated around huge pools with the beaches in front.

Visited September 2011

New York City, New York
“Best vacation ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

I don't there is a better place to learn kite surfing than Gokite Cabarete Kiteboarding School. The teachers are really nice and very professional. They have the best techniques to teach in just a few days! You can even go alone and have the best of times, all the staff is really fun, I cannot wait to go back again! It is my favorite place!!!!

Visited July 2012
Mexico City, Mexico
“Hands down, best kite camp EVER!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

If you want to learn to kite, or if you can already kite... There is not another place to do it but GoKite Cabarete!!!... I learned to kite in just 3 days thanks to the best instructors, the perfect conditions and the perennially helpful staff! Oh.... and while you're there don't miss the great food and the lime-cucumber water at Chichigua restaurant! ... I will definitely come back soon!!

Visited July 2012
Toronto, Canada
“I CAN KITE!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

I would just like to thank the staff at Gokite Cabarete Kiteboarding School. I went to Cabarete thinking I would be able to kiteboard after the first day of lessons but I was told by everyone that it takes weeks of practice. After 3 FULL days lessons,supervision, and lots of practice I was up and moving!!! By my 5/6 day of practice I was heading upwind!! Although I put my time in, GoKite School was the reason for my sucess. Gokite was always prepared to help by setting up kites very fist thing in the morning so when I arrived all I had to do was put on my equipment and go. Another thing I really appreciated was they anticipated wind changes and always had the right size kite ready to go, so if the wind changed all I had to do was go back to the school and change my kite. Check out the following links to see my progress.
Thanks again GoKite!!!

Checkout theses links to see me and my supervisor in action!!

My Start - http://vimeo.com/44138643
My Return - http://vimeo.com/44141055

Visited June 2012
New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Amazing instruction, fun teachers, a MUST if you want to learn to kite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

I went with 4 girlfriends on a kiteboarding trip in May 2012. We were all beginners and took 6 hours of instruction at Gokite. It was a blast! The instructors are very nice, patient and make learning fun. The entire staff was so great, everyone helping out to get us equipment, give us pointers and retrieve kites that we inevitably crashed and tangled haha. By the end of our week in Cabarete we were all able to stand up on the boards. We can't wait to go back! Special thanks to Raul and Kelvin...you guys rock!

Visited May 2012