“Rogue Fitness Has a Squat Rack!”

Zendo Fitness Cabarete
Ranked #2 of 11 Spas & Wellness in Cabarete
More attraction details
Owner description: #WorldsBestGym Welcome to our beach front paradise! Zendo Fitness is an open air gym on the north coast of the Dominican Republic. Here we live by the sun and we are powered by it, the only solar powered gym in the Caribbean! Our mantra of "Living in sync with the environment" flows through to our gym, as our equipment mimics functional and natural movement. When you step foot into our gym, you will see our unique methodology in our boot camps, training and fitness classes. Our approach to health and fitness is holistic. We implement various methods to help our clients reach their fitness goals, from nutrition counseling to expert coaching on complex movements, it's all about helping clients find balance in life. The tools we use include TRX straps, dumbbells, gymnastics rings, cinder blocks, sandbags, coconuts, and even small children. Our highly qualified coaches focus their attention teaching clients to move efficiently to realize their athletic potential. Many people choose to go barefoot and we encourage anyone that hasn't before to give it a try. Working out under a thatched cana roof and reclaimed tropical wood floor under your feet, after an organic smoothie just feels likes the way it should be. Our mission is to fuel your quest for health and wellness. Be prepared to work, learn, and experience!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Cabarete, Dominican Republic
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Rogue Fitness Has a Squat Rack!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

It's hard to find one in Cabarete, but if you aren't squatting you are doing it wrong. For that reason, It's the only gym in Cabarete for me. To top it off, it's where I want to be, and the people there are great.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank CharlieDurrant

Cabarete, Dominican Republic
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Runner turned Rogue Rat!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

I never thought I would like to "train" in a gym but Rogue has completely changed my mind and transformed my body!! I came to Cab 9 months ago having been a collegiate cross country runner and after seeing the fit and smiley crew walking in and out of Rogue, I decided to give a gym routine a go. The trainers at Rogue have offered me incredible guidance and the gym is simply just a fun place to hang out. I'm still running, but now I feel much stronger all-around and feel like part of the Rogue family - thank you Rogue!!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank AdaSmith91
-THA-DUDE-ABIDES_, Owner at Zendo Fitness Cabarete, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Different kind of high from running. Love that you are diversifying your highs :) PS I ate all the healthy treats you brought me already...
Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Training”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

The instructors are extremely knowledgeable, highly motivated, and awesome people to be around. I've never been in a gym with a better vibe. I am making my third trip back to Cabarete to train at Rogue for two months because I know Zach and his staff get it done! No matter if your goal is to simply stay fit during vacation or to train like a hardcore athlete, Rogue has what you're looking for.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Erik252
-THA-DUDE-ABIDES_, Owner at Zendo Fitness Cabarete, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Erik! You made it great brah :) Keep up the good work
Santa Marta
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Stay fit while on holiday.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

The instructor was extremely welcoming and we were able to do all our routines while on holiday for a reasonable cost. I intend to use their gym every time I visit Cabarete and Kite Beach.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Derek L
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Incredible Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

We have spent nearly 2 months in Cabarete. Our first stop upon arrival was Rogue Fitness located at the Extreme Hotel on the West End of Cabarete. We were instantly greeted by the lovely GiGi and she got us signed up and going right away. No matter what fitness level you are (Beginner, Novice, or Pro Athlete) they have got something at Rogue Fitness that will challenge you.

So what really differentiates these guys from the rest? It is simply the people. All the Rogue Fitness instructors are very knowledgeable, passionate and professional in every aspect. They make very workout fun and challenging!! On Mon, Wed, and Fri you will be challenged mentally and physically by Zach's cross fit class -- he is a true master of his trade. On Tue and Thu you will def get your money's worth with Jasper's cross fit class -- haha if you can make it through the warm-up you are doing good!! If that is not enough for you, then on Saturdays Stephanie runs an awesome TRX class. TRX is a lot harder than it looks. If you have anything left in the tank they have Yoga classes that run throughout the week!!

Working out at Rogue Fitness has been our daily treat for the last 2 months and I will miss it. If you are in Cabarete for a day, a week or months do yourself a favor and check out Rogue Fitness.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank WBrumbelow
The amazing experience went both ways. You guys are so inspiring. I am still impressed how many classes and the amount of hard work was put in. Having an awesome workout partner makes all the difference