“Being pushed has never felt so good...”

Zendo Fitness Cabarete
Ranked #2 of 11 Spas & Wellness in Cabarete
More attraction details
Owner description: #WorldsBestGym Welcome to our beach front paradise! Zendo Fitness is an open air gym on the north coast of the Dominican Republic. Here we live by the sun and we are powered by it, the only solar powered gym in the Caribbean! Our mantra of "Living in sync with the environment" flows through to our gym, as our equipment mimics functional and natural movement. When you step foot into our gym, you will see our unique methodology in our boot camps, training and fitness classes. Our approach to health and fitness is holistic. We implement various methods to help our clients reach their fitness goals, from nutrition counseling to expert coaching on complex movements, it's all about helping clients find balance in life. The tools we use include TRX straps, dumbbells, gymnastics rings, cinder blocks, sandbags, coconuts, and even small children. Our highly qualified coaches focus their attention teaching clients to move efficiently to realize their athletic potential. Many people choose to go barefoot and we encourage anyone that hasn't before to give it a try. Working out under a thatched cana roof and reclaimed tropical wood floor under your feet, after an organic smoothie just feels likes the way it should be. Our mission is to fuel your quest for health and wellness. Be prepared to work, learn, and experience!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Marathon, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Being pushed has never felt so good...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

So I've spent so many tired afternoons trying to write this. But after our insane morning circuits I don't seem to get much done. Zach takes his job personal, each human specimen is pushed to their max. It's one of those love-hate relationships. Your body's screaming no and zachs screaming yes. He has so much passion and truly knows his stuff. Rogue fitness is my kind of place, there's always some kind of extreme activity going on. And If your the type of person that likes to escape from the madness to enjoy a simple stretch. The yoga loft is an amazing spot that over looks kite beach and the bright blue ocean. All in all I wouldn't trade this experience for anything....I've found my paradise....Onelove, -Josh

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Joshua G

Melbourne, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“These guys are inspiring! An incredible lifestyle”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

I spent 2 months here and experienced all aspects of the Rogue routines including team extreme sunrise surfs! I tried lifting for the first time and received so much support and guidance. Morning yoga is a perfect start to the day and crossfit definitely builds an appetite for all the delicious food. These guys have set a new standard for me, I have always been fit and extremely active but I really learnt so much here that will always stay with me. Thank you!!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank ClaireLynch42
Cabarete
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Gym”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

I just started working out at Rogue Fitness and I am loving the results. They have everything there that I need, and a great bunch of knowledgable staff who have really pushed me forwards.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank dadsmell
Washington DC, District of Columbia
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 98 helpful votes
“Fun place! Great work outs!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

Enjoyed this gym. I visited several times while staying in Cabarete. I stayed closer to downtown and took a mile (to mile and a half) run down the beach to get the gym. Classes were great, instructors were enthusiastic, and the ambiance was great (the main classroom area is a quasi-open-air structure). So much fun. Go here!

Visited March 2013
2 Thank VanNessVoyager
Nanaimo, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“best shape of my life”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

Seriously... after only one month of religiously attending classes at Rogue Fitness (3-5 a week) I was in the best shape of my life! Hello 6 pack! Classes are fun and boisterous, loud music and a great friendly team environment. sure does beat sweating on a treadmill on your own. Rogue Fitness is the perfect compliment to your trip to Cabarete, you'll be in wicked shape and burn off all those extra mojitos. Plus, the trainers are all hotties!

Visited January 2013