“Super fun and friendly gym”

Zendo Fitness Cabarete
Ranked #2 of 13 Spas & Wellness in Cabarete
More attraction details
Owner description: #WorldsBestGym Welcome to our beach front paradise! Zendo Fitness is an open air gym on the north coast of the Dominican Republic. Here we live by the sun and we are powered by it, the only solar powered gym in the Caribbean! Our mantra of "Living in sync with the environment" flows through to our gym, as our equipment mimics functional and natural movement. When you step foot into our gym, you will see our unique methodology in our boot camps, training and fitness classes. Our approach to health and fitness is holistic. We implement various methods to help our clients reach their fitness goals, from nutrition counseling to expert coaching on complex movements, it's all about helping clients find balance in life. The tools we use include TRX straps, dumbbells, gymnastics rings, cinder blocks, sandbags, coconuts, and even small children. Our highly qualified coaches focus their attention teaching clients to move efficiently to realize their athletic potential. Many people choose to go barefoot and we encourage anyone that hasn't before to give it a try. Working out under a thatched cana roof and reclaimed tropical wood floor under your feet, after an organic smoothie just feels likes the way it should be. Our mission is to fuel your quest for health and wellness. Be prepared to work, learn, and experience!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed June 29, 2012

This is my favorite gym that I have ever attended. It is small and friendly and has a fantastic location right on the beach. The trainers are awesome - they go out of their way to learn be helpful and motivating and to get to know everyone. The classes are super fun - I always looked forward to attending Matt's beach body class and Zach's crossfit class. Over the few months that I was attending this gym, I made significant progress in my own fitness level. I am just sad that I moved away and can't go anymore!

2  Thank Heather P

Reviewed June 17, 2012

Zach’s creative crossfit workouts provide an innovative approach for functional movement and intensive workouts. He has more body awareness than anyone I have ever met and quickly identified my weak spots. He has a good sense of humour and an even better sense of how to get me & others to work to their absolute maximum, whatever their current fitness level and whether they’d prefer a large carrot or a big stick approach.

The approach differs from other fitness retreats, because here the retreat was really tailored to meet my needs and aspirations. I have combined group classes with personal training to achieve some great results. The group classes including yoga, pilates, TRX and crossfit are exciting, varied and always a challenge. I’d also recommend the personal training as Zach’s attention to detail is second to none- so you don’t get away with anything- except giving 100% every workout.

Rogue Fitness takes a holistic approach to training and nutrition- and practice what they preach. They adopt a very wholesome diet (semi-paleo), but with the freedom to make your own choices along the way.

The gym is a great place to workout because it combines the joy of the Caribbean with world-class training. It was a little daunting coming to Cabarete without knowing what to expect, but being here has changed my perspective. I originally planned to come for a month, but ended up coming back for 6 months. My time has left me more energized and looking and feeling younger than I have felt in a long time. I have improved my posture and become stronger, fitter and more flexible, completed workouts tougher than I ever imagined, and had fun along the way.

I found myself working harder than I ever thought possible and eagerly coming back for more the next day. Zach isn’t just motivational he’s inspirational.

1  Thank PeeGee7
Reviewed June 9, 2012

If the parking is alright, the ambient is alright, the view is awesome and the trainner too then this place is AWESOMEEEEEEEEEE.

1  Thank EdwinoSantos
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I had never done cross fit before but I absolutely FELL IN LOVE! I ended up going every M-W-F for over a month while I was living in Cabarete. Zach is an awesome instructor...very personal, individualized, and intimate work out sessions. I took several friends who came to visit and they all loved the experience as well. A MUST in Cabarete!

4  Thank Justin T
Reviewed May 25, 2012

I have been here for 1.5 months and found Zack halfway through my stay and I am sooo sad it wasn't sooner! I do Crossfit back in the states at a CF gym and I am sad to be leaving Zack and going back to my coach... seriously his mixup and challenges he sets out at workout are intense, distracting (from the pain), fun, and overall FANTASTIC!! I love doing CF and Zack has kept me a lover and also has converted one of my friends over to it as well. If you are here for a short stay or a long break, make your way over to this cabana on the beach and get your body worked over in a whole new way ;) I am leaving this weekend but if I ever make it back I will make sure I am in this class! Thanks Zack for all your words of encouragement, calories burned, and sore muscles... much appreciated

3  Thank kjerstene