“Worry free booking”

Iguana Mama Adventure Tours
Book In Advance
27 Waterfalls of Damajagua Tour from Puerto Plata
and up
Puerto Plata Shore Excursion: Damajagua Waterfalls Tour For Amber Cove Cruise...
Eat Drink and Be Merry All Inclusive Puerto Plata City Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Waterfall adventure specialists offering canyoning , cascading, mountain biking, hiking and more. Iguana Mama was the first licensed adventure tour operator in the Dominican Republic and now offers a waterfall tour for cruise ship passengers coming into the Carnival terminal at Amber Cove. Small groups with a strong focus on quality and safety and no tourist traps. Don’t just take our word for it - National Geographic Adventure describes us as "Cabarete's most dependable adventure outfitter" and Lonely Planet says "Iguana Mama is the top adventure tour operator in the DR "
Jacksonville, Florida
4 attraction reviews
“Worry free booking”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Used Iguana Mama for 2 excursions ....Monkey Jungle and snorkeling. Enjoyed both trips. Our drivers were prompt and courteous. We had Ron as our driver and "snorkel master". Ron was very knowledgable and made the day quite enjoyable. Booking ahead of time made the trip more relaxing. Should we return to DR I would definitely use Iguana Mama again!

Visited October 2012

New York City, New York
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“2 great experiences”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

i just got back from my first trip to the DR and booked with Iguana Mama online after reading reviews here.

Great communication from them overall on email with follow up instructions and recommendations.

I booked a surfing excursion and was picked up on time by the owner of the surf shack at my hotel. He had a great staff, including Neno who gave me my lesson and made me feel safe. Had a blast! Afterwards, my driver must have forgotten about me and didn't come back at the time we had arranged, but i was happy to hang on the beautiful beach for a bit and then Neno gave me a ride to the hotel on his scooter. Fun day!

Then i booked a last minute horse ride on the beach in the evening. Little mix up from the instructions that told me to meet on the beach but my greeter was in the hotel lobby, but we figured it out. Guide took me down the beach for about 2 hours (there and back). Passed the surf shack i'd been at the day before! Stopped and went swimming at sunset - heaven!
Quick warning: These horses like to gallop and i had SO MUCH FUN but fair warning if you're a timid rider, might want to warn I.M. and maybe they can arrange a more casual ride. And don't make my mistake and not take their suggestion to wear long pants and tennis shoes. I thought i was a cowgirl and wore shorts and flip flops, and now i have crazy bruises and rope burn on my legs haha, but it was worth it! What an adventure!

Visited October 2012
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Organized and fun waterfall tour”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

The waterfall tour that we did (the 27 waterfall tour) through Iguana Mama was fantastic. On the ride up, our guide was informative and friendly. Our guides during the tour were informtative and thoughtful. They helped me out on a couple of the jumps / slides where I was scared. The guide was professional and experienced.

Visited September 2012
“Skip the bike tour”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Did the Rocky MF trail. The trail was fun and there were some good technical bits, as the trail's name would imply.The guide struggled with the rocky sections and couldn't keep up on the hills, nor did he bring any water for himself. In the 100 degree heat I ended up giving him half my water, then he even complained that my tip wasn't sufficient at the end. I also found it very expensive, considering I could have gone scuba diving for less money.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank ParksidePlace
IguanaMamaCabarete, Owner at Iguana Mama Adventure Tours, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Dear ParksidePlace,

I was sorry to read that you had a disappointing experience on the Rocky MF tour. On first reading your review I must say I was surprised as it's the first negative review we've had. I was particularly upset about the tipping issue as our guides know full well that soliciting tips is not acceptable. After speaking at length with the guide I'd like to address the issues you raised and offer our side of the story. Our guides are fit and although they have at least 2 years riding experience before taking clients out on their own they might not be as technically accomplished or as strong as some of our visitors, all bikers are at different levels. If Luis struggled to keep up with you I would suggest you must be a very experienced and fit biker. Re: Water. Luis maintains that he had water in his camel pack which is part of the guide pack containing spare parts and tools. He doesn't remember taking your water but says it's possible if you offered it to him. It may have felt like 100 degrees to you but in reality is was probably no more than 80 degrees and our guides are used to the heat. Lastly and most importantly the issue over tips and price. As I understand it you were only able to do the tour on a Sunday for which we did not have a ride scheduled. The only guide available was Luis and it was his day off. He tells me you really wanted to do the ride that Sunday and offered to compensate him for working his day off, which seems fair to me. After the ride you gave him 50 pesos and Luis admits he did ask you about the extra for working his free day, perhaps you didn't realize that 50 pesos is just over one US dollar? The price of the tour was $58.00 and included the one on one guide, bike hire and drinks. value is always subjective.

Respectfully,

Michael Scates,

Owner
Park City, Utah, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Siguapa Falls”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We went with Alejandro from Iguana Mama on a Siguapa Falls tour. What a trip! Our guides where super knowledgeable and friendly. The hike into the canyon was beautiful and we sampled fresh passionT fruit and other local fruit on the way down.

When we reached the river the guides made sure to point out exactly where we needed to be. You definitely need to be ok with jumping from heights of around 35' if you plan on going on the tour. Some of the jumps will get your heart going for sure. We never felt in danger at anytime.

The hike out is steep but not bad. Hire a donkey to make it more enjoyable and you'll be helping out local families. My wife rode and I walked. We live in Utah and spend a lot of time in the mountains so the hike wasn't that bad at all. That said, it was still work. If you're not much of a hiker it could be brutal.

All in all a fantastic tour. If your looking for something fun and off the beaten path check out Sigaupa falls!!

Visited July 2012