“Great Hangout”

Kahuna's Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #35 of 134 Restaurants in Cabarete
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Kahuna is a Beach Hotel, restaurant and Sports Bar where you can stay directly on the beach, eat and drink while enjoying any televised events and live entertainment. Best Wine and Cigar selection available in our Cellar, ask your server for full access. Our ambiance is by far the best around.
Reviewed November 14, 2012

On the beach. Great spot to relax with friends! Dancing girls on bar also make it fun! Service a bit slow, but that could have been due to large crowd in attendance. It's a fun spot, nonetheless!

Reviewed November 10, 2012

The restaurant offers daily specials like burgers and fries. The The food is average quality and a little pricey. The restaurant doubles as a sports bar with lots of screens and games during the day. The owners are on site and very friendly. At nite the restaurant has DJ music and club atmosphere. There is also wireless internet available.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This year I took my first trip to Cabarete and stayed here for a whole month. One night we decided to have supper at the Kahuna Bar and I have to admit that was the best decision made. We were greeted by the owner Sebastien which made us feel very confortable. He then asked if we had any complaints about the establishment. Fortunately we had nothing negative to say about this palce, the service was very good as well as the food fabulous. They actually serve poutine here and had a taste of his sauce which amazed me. Thinking that compared to Quebec, many places there could learn from Kahuna. Atmosphere is great, music very well rounded to please all crowds. If you spend time in Cabarete stop in and enjoy a beautiful evening...Just say Hi to Sebastien if you can

Reviewed October 24, 2012

My friends and I happened to stumble across this place as we left a sports bar across the street while we were on vacation.

Immediately after walking in one of the restaurant workers asked us how we could be helped and if there was anything we needed that would make our stay pleasant. I immediately requested Hispanic music and boom! He made it happen. The DJ was pretty awesome too!

Our waitress was beyond great and knows enough English to assist you in what you need. Oh, any time after 3pm is their happy hour specials range from margaritas, mojitos and 3 for 1 Cuba Libre (Rum and Coke). For anyone who is in DR (no matter where) you MUST try their Mamajuana. It is a naturally cured rum in tobacco leaves, herbs, cinnamon, beans and a few other things. It was originally meant to be for medicinal purposes and someone was smart enough to make awesome rum shots out of it! YUMMY! The Mamajuana at this place is one of the best I've had in DR.

On Sundays (for those American Football fans) they play all the games displayed on several screens at their bar which gives you a piece of home while away. Be sure to bring your football jersey and support your team!

The food here is very delicious. We had their whole fish with tostones (fried plantain) and white rice. The fish is VERY fresh and well seasoned.

My friends and I have not been able to stop talking about this place. So much so, that we went 3 times in the 4 days we were there.

This place is awesomely cheap though I do suggest exchanging your currency to Dominican Pesos. If you pay with American dollars, they give you the change back in pesos at four pesos less than the standard currency. The receipt is also broken down in Dominican pesos, American dollar and the Euro so that you won't have a difficult time figuring out what you owe.

I promise you won't regret your time here. Make it a point to enjoy Kahuna. Enjoy! :-)

Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

Food was really great and good deal. 2 x 1 rum and coke special a must! We stumbled in after a massage in the hallway and walked right into happy hour. Quesadillas and pasta are amazing! Come hungry and thirsty and ready for a massage. :)