Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great Kite Trip

The crew at the Laurel Eastman kiteboarding school were great , my daughter to five days of lesson... read more

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Reviewed October 18, 2018
220JamesB
Bozeman, Montana
Great Kite School!

Had a fantastic experience. Showed up knowing almost nothing about kiteboarding and left Cabarate... read more

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Reviewed October 10, 2018
bfetterolf28
New York City, New York

All reviews kite school vip service learning how weather conditions millennium hotel big shout professional team big thanks great school whole team anyone wanting kite beach spent a week great instructor an amazing experience can't wait to go back visiting cabarete
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The people at LEK are pleasant and knowledgeable, but so are the staff at most kite schools in Cabarete. The difference is that the people at LEK get stuff DONE. There is nothing more frustrating than wasting your valuable vacation hours while the staff tries to get their act together.

LEK staff from Laurel herself to the guys helping with the VIP kite service are incredibly helpful and efficient with a smile. BTW, I highly recommend the VIP kite service, at $20/day it's an incredible value and convenience.

Per some other TA reviews, LEK is located on a less crowded, wider stretch of beach. The location is a bonus. Whatever your skill level, LEK is the premier kite school in my humble opinion. Highly recommend.

Date of experience: July 2013
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I was a beginner kiteboarder with some experience 2-3 years ago. After training with a great instructor, LEK school sold me some inexpensive, used gear that I could use and not have to rent. I appreciate that they stick to one type of kite, so that I could both get used to the feel of this kite and now own the same kite. They were very practical and fair in their pricing, and helpful throughout the entire week. I will be returning soon as I'm sure there are very few places in the world with such consistent wind and great service!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

The people, including owner Laurel, at LEK school right on the beach at the Millenium Hotel in Cabarete have the best attitude towards beginners like myself.
It was a great three day learning experience and my only regret was not taking a whole week.
Lolo is a fantastic instructor especially for a guy as he is big enough to handle any situation.

Date of experience: July 2013
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My husband and I got certified in Miami on shallow and flat water. When we arrived in Cabarete it felt like we had to learn it all over again; the water is deep, the winds gusty and the water rough. Fortunately we both had great Laurel Eastman's instructors to get us up and going in these conditions. It felt safe and we had a lot of fun. Thanks guys! :)

Reviewed June 18, 2013

My husband and I have had some basic instruction in the past but still count ourselves as beginners so we took about 10 hours of additional instruction each over five days. We were each very happy with our instructors and the school. Our instructors were patient, hard working and insightful and the staff was friendly and flexible. When I showed up early one day because the wind was picking up earlier than expected another instructor was happy to jump in until my planned time for class and my usual instructor arrived. The staff was fair about charges and recording the actual time of instruction so we only paid for time we were being taught. We stayed at the Millenium and it made for a perfect home base for our week of kiteboarding with LEK. We will definitely return as soon as we get the time.