Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great Kite Trip

The crew at the Laurel Eastman kiteboarding school were great , my daughter to five days of lesson... read more

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Reviewed October 18, 2018
220JamesB
Bozeman, Montana
Great Kite School!

Had a fantastic experience. Showed up knowing almost nothing about kiteboarding and left Cabarate... read more

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Reviewed October 10, 2018
bfetterolf28
New York City, New York

All reviews kite school vip service learning how weather conditions millennium hotel big shout professional team big thanks great school whole team anyone wanting kite beach spent a week great instructor an amazing experience can't wait to go back visiting cabarete
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I was a beginner kiteboarder with some experience 2-3 years ago. After training with a great instructor, LEK school sold me some inexpensive, used gear that I could use and not have to rent. I appreciate that they stick to one type of kite, so that I could both get used to the feel of this kite and now own the same kite. They were very practical and fair in their pricing, and helpful throughout the entire week. I will be returning soon as I'm sure there are very few places in the world with such consistent wind and great service!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

The people, including owner Laurel, at LEK school right on the beach at the Millenium Hotel in Cabarete have the best attitude towards beginners like myself.
It was a great three day learning experience and my only regret was not taking a whole week.
Lolo is a fantastic instructor especially for a guy as he is big enough to handle any situation.

Date of experience: July 2013
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My husband and I got certified in Miami on shallow and flat water. When we arrived in Cabarete it felt like we had to learn it all over again; the water is deep, the winds gusty and the water rough. Fortunately we both had great Laurel Eastman's instructors to get us up and going in these conditions. It felt safe and we had a lot of fun. Thanks guys! :)

Reviewed June 18, 2013

My husband and I have had some basic instruction in the past but still count ourselves as beginners so we took about 10 hours of additional instruction each over five days. We were each very happy with our instructors and the school. Our instructors were patient, hard working and insightful and the staff was friendly and flexible. When I showed up early one day because the wind was picking up earlier than expected another instructor was happy to jump in until my planned time for class and my usual instructor arrived. The staff was fair about charges and recording the actual time of instruction so we only paid for time we were being taught. We stayed at the Millenium and it made for a perfect home base for our week of kiteboarding with LEK. We will definitely return as soon as we get the time.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Upon arrival at the Millennium hotel I went right down to the beach to the LEK kiteboarding school. Everyone at the school was extremely friendly and helpful. The office staff gave me an overview of the riding area and a few of the local rules and tips of the beach. I rented a locker for my gear and also got the VIP service which was awesome. All of the staff in the gear room were extremely professional and friendly. When ever you needed to launch or land your kite they were always right there to lend you a hand. I would recommend LEK for anyone who is looking to come to Cabarette to kite board. The school is in a great location on the beach. Right in front of the hotel and a short walk from restaurants.

Anyone from a beginner kiteboarder to expert riders will appreciate all the school has to offer. I can not wait to go back to Cabarette no just for vacation and awesome kiting but to see all of the great people I got to meet at LEK.