“Great experience, great staff & instructors”

Laurel Eastman Kiteboarding (LEK)
More attraction details
Owner description: Laurel Eastman Kiteboarding (LEK) has been providing high quality kiteboarding lessons in gorgeous Cabarete Bay since 2003. Founded by American professional kiteboarder Laurel Eastman, the LEK flagship school in Cabarete teaches kiteboarding in a safe manner with a big emphasis on fun! A fully accredited IKO (International Kiteboarding Organization) center, all of LEK's qualified and multi-lingual instructors are highly trained experts and ready to share their passion for kiteboarding with the guests visiting Cabarete. Visit LEK inside the gorgeous Millennium Resort and Spa, located on Cabarete Beach, and experience for yourself the LEK style of service.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stroller parking, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
Reviewed March 15, 2013

My husband and I (both early 40's) took lessons in February as true beginners. Our instructor, Merijn, was professional, patient and a very good teacher & coach. The assistants that helped us were also very good. Our money was well spent and although we still have a lot of practice ahead to get better, we have all the basic skills and safety fundamentals we need. We do not hesitate to (and already have) recommend the instructors at LEK. The staff is also friendly and helpful - a good bunch to be around.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

We recently enjoyed a week's vacation in Cabarete, Dominican Republic and learning how to kiteboard at LEK was the highlight of our trip. Their staff was knowledgable, friendly and very helpful. My husband who is more advanced had an intro lesson to get to know the area and to get some tips on going in and out of the big surf, which he felt was very worthwhile. I am more of a beginner and my teacher Adrienne took time to answer all my questions, teach me all the skils required, help build my confidence and get me up on the board. She was very conscientious and also taught me everything I needed to know to play safe and have fun.

For the advanced kiteboarder who doesn't need lessons, this is a great place to store your gear and forget about it while you enjoy the action on the beach. There is even compressed air to share!

The location was the ideal set up in our opinion. We stayed at the Millenium Resort and lounged by the pool until the wind came up and lessons started to get going. They have everything set up on your account so you can easily purchase a snack or beer for apres kiteboarding relaxation.

Before we left we were already planning our trip for next year. Thank you LEK!

2  Thank Melissa C
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

We've been coming to Cabarete for three years and thanks to the LEK team, I'm hooked on kiteboarding. The staff is always smiling ready to teach, help and provide advice. You couldn't ask for a better team of instructors. Can't wait for next year, it will be time for the kids to start lessons.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

This year we already visited Cabarete in april and again in november. One of our most favorite places to stay is the Hotel and Spa Resort Millennium.

Right in front of the hotel is LEK, Laurel Eastman kiteboarding. Quite obvious that if you are interested or already into kiteboarding you visit their school and shop.

Just like in april, the staff is very professional and helpfull. Just too bad there wasnt any wind, till the day we left ;-)

I just like it there, if you are around, pay them a visit, they will answer all your questions. Want to take on some lessons, don't be afraid they will guide you through it in every language if needed.

Need gear , you can get the BEST kitesurf material and some other goodies here :-)

You can start there as a 5 year old or even an old man like me ;-)

Roger

1  Thank Rogervu
Reviewed December 21, 2012

We visited the school during the Easter holiday. The beach was jumping with activity. Laurel and her crew were helpful with all things beyond an obviously very professional group of instructors situated in a beautiful location. Her advice about Cabarete and the surrounding neighborhood was invaluable. It's a great place to hang out even if you not a very good kiter.

1  Thank hbr95404