“Kitexcite is the real deal”
Review of Kitexcite

Kitexcite
More attraction details
Owner description: Kitebeach Cabarete Kiteboarding Center and School
Reviewed March 25, 2016

Stefan is one of the best teachers I have had in any activity. He doesn't waste your time or money, and gets right to the important stuff. I looked at other programs that had you watching videos while you were paying for time. Stefan gives you access to those videos to watch on your own time, this way you can get the most of your money while you are with him.
While I have experience sailing and windsurfing, I have never been very good with board sports, yet by the second day I was up on the board and already surfing around.

Reviewed February 29, 2016

Learning kite boarding is not always an intuitive matter. Instruction is definitely needed. A kite boarding instructor needs to have knowledge of the sport, patience, lots of different kinds of equipment, and a concern for safety. Stefan at Kitexcite has all of these things.

Stefan has been kiting and teaching kiting for many years. He has the patience to impart knowledge to students without getting frustrated, this is very important. The radio communication system which is used gave me instant feedback, which accelerated the learning curve.

Also important is the equipment available to the student. Different wind conditions require various different kites and boards, this can make all the difference. Additionally the equipment must be adjusted to function correctly and safely. This does not happen at every kite school. It does at Kitexcite. Kitexcite has all the necessary equipment to aid the student.

The most important aspect of learning kite boarding is safety. As beginners we do not understand many aspects of the sport. Stefan at Kitexcite provides a wealth of experience, local knowledge, and a concern for safety which protects over anxious beginners from themselves. Beginners should never take any unnecessary chances on injury, and that is the philosophy at Kitexcite.

In short, you will not find a better kite school.

Reviewed February 18, 2016

Before lessons with Stefan, I had many lessons here and there and it was waste of time and money, as they would just put me on water and expect me to ride, then rescue me in an hour and give feedback.

Stefan has a different, 1-1 effective approach with game changer radio helmet and videos. He knows the sport deeply, understands common mistakes, follows you on water every second, tell you what you were doing wrong, shows your mistakes and video, and next time you are on water, you are doing it right away.

In just 1 and half day, I got more control and starting edging, going upwind. I had to come back to him as I really wanted to improve. He let me go with supervisor and I was able to get better with practice. Even when he was not teaching 1-1, he would see me on water and tell my mistakes, so I'd get better.

Few great things about his service.

1) He's always there accessible, personable. He's knowledgable about the sport and Caberete and will help you whatever you need. (He even hooked me up with fast internet, last minute room reservations when I needed). He'll even help you when he's not teaching you.

2) He'll always have the right size, high end equipment for you and won't hesitate the keep changing it in the day as changing wind conditions. He'll pump up few kites, boards out there, so you don't even waste time changing it.

3) With radio helmet, videos, you learn twice faster than any other instructor. He won't try to keep you with expensive lessons. He'll try to make you self-sufficient right away.

4) He knows the wind/water conditions better than anyone around, he'll make sure you only go in perfect time of the day, instead of wasting your time/money.

Bonus: He even rented his $5000 kitesurfer to a beginner like me so I can learn faster and even in lightest wind conditions. I was the only one on the water and saved extra day, also improved my technique super fast.

1  Thank Ibrahim U
Reviewed April 26, 2015

Great people, location, teachers. They do it right at Kitexcite. Other places might get you out on the water faster but these guys teach you everything you need to know.

See more reviews
Reviewed December 2, 2014

I came to Cabarete with my father to kitesurf. We chose Kitexcite to book supervisors and also ended up doing an hour each of lessons. Stefan, the owner is a great teacher. He will help you learn and improve whether you are a beginner or at an intermediate level like us. He shoots video of you kiting while barking out proper technique over a two way radio. You learn a lot this way, plus it's nice having the pics and video to go home with. The option of hiring kiting supervisors is the way to go. They take care of your equipment, rig up your kites, carry your kites upwind and rescue you when you are half a mile from shore and the wind completely dies. At the end of the day, they pack everything. It is truly the most ultimate and easy kiting experience. All of the staff members are great guys. Always there to help you out and make sure you are out of harms way. Be sure to take care of the crew at the end of the day. I took lessons at another place in Cabarete and also in the USA prior to this trip. Kitexcite is by far the best value.