Swell Surf Camp
Watermark(Cabarete)
$150
Cabarete Maravilla Eco Lodge & Beach(Cabarete)(Great Value!)
$75
$60
Grand Laguna Beach(Cabarete)(Great Value!)
$90
Velero Beach Resort(Cabarete)(Great Value!)
$80
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $90/night.

Kite Beach Hotel(Cabarete)(Great Value!)
$83
Bahia Residence Cabarete(Cabarete)(Great Value!)
$59
Orbitz.com
Agualina Kite Resort(Cabarete)(Great Value!)
$70
$66
Travelocity
$199
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $227/night.

$180
$175
$209
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssurf campdorm roomother guestsgreen wavessolo tripnew friendslearn howcommunal areasfamily styleno idea what to expectactive holidayperfect mixa fantastic vacationevery morningtraveling alonesuper funbreakfast and dinner
Reviewed May 7, 2013

First time in a B&B, and to be honest I was a little worried. But I LOVED IT!.. I love DR, I loved the surfing but honestly It was the staff that was amazing. I don't think i would have enjoyed my time if the staff wasn't great. They were chilling, partying and laughing with us even on their free time. Ash, James, Joel, Lourdes, and Anna were amazing . I was worried about the food.. But WOW it was amazing.

I even loved the guests... Really Swell, you hire the best people and attract the best guests. I will be visiting again thats for sure.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rsidky
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Just got back after a 7 day stay at Swell Surf Camp where we had a blast! Waking up and hitting the waves changes your outlook on the rest of the day, and life. Great place to learn to surf, or refine your skills. Can't wait to go back!

The instructors were great! Ash, James, Joel, Neno, and everyone else at the camp we're super friendly, down to earth, and make this place amazing. Although we've surfed a bunch of different times before, it felt like we learned stuff about technique and the water that we never new before. This extends to the Airport pick-up guy Franklin. Awesome guy who makes a ride to-and-from the airport go by quickly with his friendly attitude. Joel took some awesome photos of us rippin' it up also.

Close walk to Cabarete's bars, restaurants, and amazing fish tacos. The website is pretty informative and reflective of everything that the camp is about. So read it, and book it already. Even if we could only go for a few days, we're still going try and get back here soon.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I wasn't sure it could be true, but Swell is just as amazing as the website and reviews make it out to be. The accommodations are clean and comfortable (I stayed in a dorm room), and the set up of the space means that after a morning of surfing, you can easily spend the afternoon lounging in the pool, napping in a hammock, or playing a game of pool or ping pong. What really makes the place, however, are the people. Ash, James, Joel, and Neno are the current instructors, and are all absolutely wonderful. I am a beginner surfer/not an athletic person at all, and after every lesson or word of advice from one of them, I could feel the difference in my technique and abilities. More than the surfing, though, what really made my experience excellent was the welcoming and fun attitude of all of the staff at Swell. I just got back yesterday and already checked flights to the Dominican Republic for the dates of my next holidays. It is worth every penny, so if you've got the time (even a few days is enough), go make your reservations right now!

1  Thank Amy L
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Swell surf camp and it's staff are everything they say it is on their site. I had never surfed before and the instructors always had an encouraging word with the proper corrections to your technique. They had me catching white water waves and wanting more. Others in my group were more advanced and to hear how much the instructors helped them get better made the trip perfect for all of us. They don't just push you onto waves they teach you which waves to go for and how to surf by yourself! Eat your wheaties because the waves were great all week! The accommodations and staff make you feel like you had come back for your 100th visit. I was at home and felt like I belonged in ten minutes. If surfing is what you want to learn or get better at swell is the place. The staff also freely gives their local knowledge to the guest as well. They tell you where they eat and drink and what you can expect from other places. Worth every penny! I am going back to further my surfing education in the fall.

Room Tip: You cannot go wrong.
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Have been here twice now (September 2012 and April 2013). Well set up surf camp- pool, lounge area, pool table/ping pong, etc. The included meals are amazing. I never eat seafood but I cleaned the plate even when fish was prepared, it was that good. The staff are extremely helpful and attentive. Rooms are comfortable and very clean. I was the only non-beginner taking lessons at the time and my lessons were very helpful, great feedback. I have tried many different surf camps and this one is definitely on the short list of ones I would return to over and over again.