“We had a Swell time :)”
Review of Swell Surf Camp

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cabarete
Swell Surf Camp
Toronto, Canada
“We had a Swell time :)”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I can go on to specifics and say what was amazing with Swell Surf Camp, but if you read all the positive reviews before me, I'll just be repeating what's everyone has already said!

The place is like a cross between a bed and breakfast, party house, hotel, and camp for adults. It is the perfect place for anyone who is looking to learn how to surf yet have a wonderful home and friends to come back to.

The surf in Encuentro beach wasn't the best, but you can't fight Mother Nature. It was sincerely the people, the food, the service, and the entire place that made up for it!!

We can't wait to come back and bring friends :)

Room Tip: Every room is awesome. You won't be spending much time in the rooms anyway!!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank islandinthepacifica

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
St. Petersburg, Russia
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Just came back from my vacation. Was traveling as a single and Swell is a great place to stay even if you travel on your own. Enjoyed my every day up there. Had a lot of fun and met good people.
Haudy was always there for me and helped to organize some nice tours.
Lourdes was like a mom and now Im addicted to her smoke pork chops - will have to go back for it.
My room was nice and cozy.
there are so many words that can be said abou Swell and all of them are the good once.
Just go there and check for your self and Im more then sure you wont fill regret!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Anna R
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 23, 2012

One of the best vacations I've ever been on! Clare and Jim were wonderful and accommodated my last-minute trip. All the staff are amazing - Haudy is super helpful, Lourdes is an incredible cook and Amanda is a surf instructor extraordinaire! Perfect getaway for some R&R as well as great partying. The camp has been very well thought out, all the way down to the gorgeous dining room table. I've never been so sad to have to leave! I will definitely be back, sooner rather than later, and have been recommending this place to everyone I know as of the day I returned. Go go go!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank cherrinec
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I had a fantastic experience with Swell Surf. Clare answered all of my emails very quickly and was very helpful :) I didn't stay in the camp, but I did take a surfing lesson from Ashley and it was so much fun! Ashley was great and patient with me even though I definitely didn't prove to be a natural born surfer :P his teaching was so helpful and made surfing a lot easier and more enjoyable. I would 100% recommend taking a surf lesson from Swell, it was the highlight of my trip, it was very fun and I'm proud to say I'm hooked on surfing and can't wait to go again! :)

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Paulina K
montreal
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Absolutely ADORED my stay!! All is thought of to detailed perfection!

Comfy, safe, tranquil and beautiful. Superbe rooms. Well thought lay out, decorated tastefully. Amazing food and fun dedicated staff!

So many TOYS to choose from when not surfing or kiting: pingpong table, slack-line, hindo ball, pool table, baby foot.

Relaxing pool side, big Tv and lots of films, big hamacs to chill in and watch the stars at night.

Caters to the adult, the surf/kite passionate and the playful kid in all of us :)

Clare and Jim are devoted to their clients well being, they developed a Rare Jem!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank kitesand
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I was at Swell the end of June beginning of July and had an amazing time. I would highly recommend it to everyone...and I do all the time. The minute I walked in I felt like family, all the staff were wonderful and welcoming. The grounds were beautiful and the breakfasts and dinners were delicious. Amanda (the surf instructor) was awesome and helped me out big time. Thanks to her I am able to turn :) I will definitively be going back as soon as I can get time off work again. If you are thinking of booking a trip there I say DO IT. I promise you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Sarabillie1981
Corralitos, California
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Cabarete was a first for me as was the surfing. Neither disappointed in the least. Jim and Clare and their chill, amazing crew stop at nothing to assure all-around satisfaction and beyond. Great service and food as well as secure, tranquil grounds, and amenities provides peace of mind. The beach is close and there are plenty of excellent bars to choose from with fresh food (fish, especially), great people and libations, and picturesque scenery that will invigorate the soul. Gordito's is on the way to the beach and cannot be missed. Swell Surf Camp's location is optimal and truly has no match in all of Cabarete. The surfing instruction can be regarded as safe, patient, highly informative, and enthusiastic. Once the basics are achieved then the journey truly begins. Cannot wait for the opportunity to arise which leads to a return excursion. Thanks again for everything Swell Surf Camp.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo