“Poor service...”

Ranked #35 of 135 Restaurants in Cabarete
Cuisines: Seafood, Bar
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Good beach bars make you think of retiring. Great ones make you actually retire. LAX - bar tipo cool - is the kind of place you dream of discovering on your first trip to the Caribbean.This club,located in the center of the famous surfing town Cabarete, attracts a laid-back, music-loving, athletic crowd in cushioned sofas.The overall red decor is warm and lounge-like, the happy hour is generous, the drinks are strong and plentiful, a big plate of fresh nachos, tapas or a crunchy italian style pizza make it an unforgetable experience. This big, open- air restaurant and bar jumps from breakfast till 1 p.m. with happy DJs from all over the world. As the day winds down, you can grab a drink from the well stocked bar and watch the waves roll in against the sunset.
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Lax used to be one of my favourite places, but I had two seperate poor experiences lately. With four tables on the beach occupied one would say the four waitresses would be able to manage. They were very occupied with themselves, leaving us to wait for service... On the other occasion I asked for half a portion like I used to do there. I could have it, but now would have had to pay the full price... That is a shame. Chose pizza instead and took half of it home, topping was not so good. So overpriced and poor service...

Reviewed October 3, 2013

I've eaten at many of the restaurants along the beach in Cabarete and this is my personal favorite. It is so relaxing to sit on the beach and enjoy the sights. The food it good-I like the pizza the best. I have always had a great experience there and always leave happy.

Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

we were there very often. It had always a perfect flow. The sunset is spectecular. no better place for that. food is okay and in the happy hour best value at all. we shall go again.

1  Thank thomas11914
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Absolutely the worst service we've ever gotten! Do not come here. Period! They didn't get what we asked for. We waited forever for the food and the waitress was rude. Again. Do not come here!

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Was on the beach and seen happy hr at LAX so we decided to try it out .

Was a present surprise, as the food and service was just excellent.
and cheap , starts at 17:00 to 19:00hrs every day ,think i be there at lease once a week
from now on ;-).