“pretty good”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Winnipeg, Canada
“pretty good”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I would definitely recommend trying this restaurant. The restaurant itself is beautiful. White curtains blowing gently in the breeze as you sit by the pool. The food was excellent and the pasta was cooked perfectly. It is on the pricy side and with that being said the portions are on the smaller side. I have two small complaints. Our waitress was pretty snooty which I found odd since all the people we had encountered in the Dominican were all so very nice and helpful. Lastly if they are going to be a higher end restaurant then they need to have a separate menu showing the meals they are serving. Most of the fish or meals that had fish on the menu were not served because they were out of season.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Bonnie598

Kenmore, Washington
“Fantastic”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Food was wonderful, beautifully presented and tasted great. Service was great. Highly recommend this place. Prices were appropriate.

Visited May 2014
London
“Not an inappropriate name”
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Italian style food with high level of quality. Having spend almost three weeeks in Cabarete, I can with some justification say this is the best restaurant in town. Somehow they had even sourced tasty scallops from somewhere colder, though I would recommend exploring local seafood. The location is wonderful. Felt a pang of jealousy when I learned that the owners who live on site have the courtyard with the swimming pool to themselves during the day - an oasis

Visited April 2014
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Nice atmosphere and great food”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

My husband and I tried Bliss on the recommendation of a friend. My husband had the prawns and I had the mushroom risotto. Both were delicious.

The food was really good, but I think the ambiance is what make Bliss exceptional. I love the pool in the center of the dining area.

Visited March 2014
New York, NY
“Excellent fine dining experience in Cabarete”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Bliss was everything our group could have asked for. The restaurant is on a busy side street, but is designed to be a quiet oasis -- you can't even hear the street inside. The interior is beautiful and the Italian hosts are lovely people.

We were impressed that we were given an honest description of what was local and what was not (including some menu items listed as local that were currently not sourceable locally), and felt that all of our dishes were well-prepared and fresh. While Bliss may not quite reach the heights of an actual Italian trattoria or the better of New York Italian restaurants, it was easily the best Italian food we had in Cabarete -- and most of the food in Cabarete is Italian.

If you want to enjoy a relaxing evening with great food, good wine and a higher level of service, but without the punishing prices to go with it, Bliss is a perfect recommendation.

Visited March 2014