“El Tigre Restaurant” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Caribbean
Canadohta Lake, PA
“El Tigre Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2009

To try something new, check out the El Tigre restaurant on the far westside of town in Cabarete. It is located in the barrio on the road to the Cabarete Caves. Just tell the moped taxi driver (motoconcho) the name and 9 times out of 10 he'll know where it is.

Never anyone in the restaurant when I ate there with friends, so you will always have quick service. Sample real homestyle Dominican cooking. The restaurant is nothing fancy and the fare simple...but I like the ambiance of eating in the barrio.

I highly recommend the chivo (goat meat). I'm glad I decided to be adventurous because the chivo was some of the tastiest meat I have ever eaten. I went back 3 or 4 times and always ordered the chivo. Excellent!!!!

2 Thank grenouille_9