“Texans in Cabarete”

$100.00*
and up
Fun Dive Package in Cabarete
More attraction details
Owner description: Dive Cabarete, a PADI & SSI Dive Shop is based in Cabarete and on Sousa Bay. We offer daily scuba diving and snorkelling trips as well as a full range of PADI & SSI dive courses from Discover Scuba Diving up to Divemaster. Our knowledgeable and experienced guides will ensure you have a wonderful dive experience in the beautiful waters of Sosua bay.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
Houston, Texas
“Texans in Cabarete”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

Vacationed in Cabarete, Dominican Republic in Aug 2013 with family. Scheduled diving and snorkeling with Dive Cabarete, very easy to work with. Dive Cabarete has an office in Cabarete for scheduling and business matters and a dive shop in Sosua, (where the diving occurs); approx 15 to 20 minutes travel.
We wanted to make this a family adventure and Dive Cabarete was more than happy to oblige. Chris picked out a couple of spots, (3 rocks and the Canyon) in Sosua bay that four of my family members could snorkel from the boat,with Lily; while Chris, my son and myself performed 2 excellent dives. This was my families 1st time snorkeling, and our 1st time to Scuba in salt water. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves diving and snorkeling and would recommend the Dive Cabarete Dive team/family to anyone....they have a nice little dive shop that is well maintained, have good equipment, professional, yet personable.
For our second day of diving, Chris, my son and I dove at the Blue Lagoon cenote. Our family signed up and paid to snorkel at the blue Lagoon, as well...but they did not actually end up snorkeling....they decided that a combination of factors such as cool water, overhead jumpers from zipline, and general lack of interest in snorkleing at the cenote was to blame. Note: my daughter did end up performing the 50 ft drop from the zipline.
Chris, a gentleman from France, my son and myself dove 2 seperate dives in the cenote.
On our 1st trip down, as we were starting through the tunnel...I was having problems...my mask had complety fogged over and I was having problems clearing one of my ears. Add this to my general trepidation of diving into the dark through this cenote tunnel....a little bit of panic set in; I decided to head for the surface, before we entered the tunnel...probably at too fast a pace. Chris saw this, caught up to me, slowed me down and we surfaced. Chris was very professional, talked me through my problems and we again dove with no further issues. The cenote diving pushed me out of my comfort zone...but during the 2nd dive, I finally relaxed and it was very enjoyable...quite amazing to diving through the tunnels, see the rock formations...something different, but not for the "faint of heart"
Dive Cabarete prices are reasonable, transportation from your rental was included in pricing, Chris and Lily are accomplished divers and give good attention to all...we did not have the pleasure of diving with Jane while we were there.
Dive Cabarete's main attraction as I see it, is the fact that they take out small groups and you get very personalized attention. As their business grows, I hope they can keep this small group format intact....as a newly certified diver, personal attention is one of the main things I look for to help my family and I feel secure while diving and snorkeling.
Good job Dive Cabarete!

Denver, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“experienced professional and lovely people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Just finished our certification through dive cabarete. Absolutely wonderful experience all around! They are incredibly thorough. 4 of us including two teens got our certification and one of us who was already certified was able to join along in the fun. They are not one of those flaky fly by night tourist dive centers. They take what they do very seriously and did an incredible job training us all. We were thrilled with how well they trained our 14 and 17 year old kids. They don't rush through the steps, rather make sure not to move on until everyone is well versed with the skills. They do it all with love and class. Clearly they love what they do and it shows. You won't feel like just another number with these guys. Their equipment is very nice and well maintained. Their prices are very reasonable, especially considering the personal time they give you. They are very well organized. Booking was simple. We cannot recommend these guys highly enough! Just an all around pleasure!

Vienna, Austria
“Amazing Dives”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

During my stay in Cabarete I decided to do my Advanced Open Water License. I am really glad, that I found Dive Cabarete. Chris, Jane and Lilly are great people, good teachers and it was lots of fun diving with them! We had a great variety of dives with a lot of different impressions and I really felt secure during each dive. I can really recommend Dive Cabarete to both, inexperienced and experienced divers. I am looking forward to diving with them next year! Thank you so much!

Visited July 2013
New York City, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Dive Shop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

I worked with Jane and Lilly. Terrific divemaster, very professional and very attuned to safety. Always small groups that's definitely a plus!

Fremont, California
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dedicated Dive Shop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

i recently returned from a trip to the Dominican Republic and while I was there I was fortunate enough to dive with Dive Cabarete. The owners Jane and Chris are two of the most fabulous people I have ever had the pleasure of diving with. I hate being a number on a boat and with Dive Cabarete you will have small group and personal interaction from start to finish. I can't wait to get back and dive with them again.

In addition to being a small group and being greeted by first name by the second time I met them the briefings are great and Chris was wonderful pointing out fish, eels, etc.

If you enjoy crowded boats and lots of divers this group is not for you. But if you are like me and enjoy smaller groups and awesome dive sites contacat Jane and Chris. You will be thrilled you did.

Visited July 2013