“Good dive El Dudu”

$100.00*
and up
Fun Dive Package in Cabarete
More attraction details
Owner description: Dive Cabarete, a PADI & SSI Dive Shop is based in Cabarete and on Sousa Bay. We offer daily scuba diving and snorkelling trips as well as a full range of PADI & SSI dive courses from Discover Scuba Diving up to Divemaster. Our knowledgeable and experienced guides will ensure you have a wonderful dive experience in the beautiful waters of Sosua bay.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Kristianstad, Skåne Län, Sweden
“Good dive El Dudu”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

The caves in El DuDu and the guidance of Chris made it very good. Overall to dive in Cabarete was not that good.

Cabarete, Dominican Republic
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Discover Scuba Diving with children”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Jane is an excellent dive Master with children. She is funny and can even get angry under the water when the children are making unsecure behaviour!!!!! I accompanied my son of 10 years old with one of his friends of 12 years old for their first dive. 50 minutes!!! They were amazed and just want to continue. We will certainly go back to continue their training with Dive Cabarete. Thanks a lot and see you soon. Martine

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Diving for special needs”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I highly recommend Cabarete Dive shop in the Dominican Republic.

We picked Cabarete in the Dominican Republic at random, to get away from the New York winter, and to do the Open Water diving course with my 12 Y.o. son. I contacted them by email and was happy to get quick replies explaining what was needed. My wife, Lynn, had a stroke a few years ago and has been recovering well, but still has some paralysis. I asked if it was possible to involve her in the experience in some way. I was a told that if she had approval from her doctor then it is possible. We got the approval, but we were still very concerned about carrying the gear, and needing special attention while being part of a large group.

My son and I arrived on the first day to start our course and met Chris and Jane Waites, the proprietors and the instructors. Chris was going to do the confined dives with us alone. I am used to being herded in large tourist groups so this was quite a luxury. Before we started I asked about Lynn, explaining that we had the medical approval. Jane said to bring Lynn down to the shop and that she would personally take Lynn through the Discover Scuba Diving experience and that we would all be together.

My son and I started our course with Chris, while Jane did the discover dive training with Lynn. Learning to dive is quite scary. I am concentrating to do everything right myself, but also keeping an eye on my son's safety. I was also nervous about my wife and her needs, even for simple things like getting in and out of a pool. Chris and Jane are from England, and both had careers in the Royal Navy. You will quickly notice this as everything is done with precision. You must follow Chris' instructions to the letter and everything must be done the correct way. If we were playing golf then this might be a little over the top, but when you are under water and worried about your son, there is nothing more reassuring. I was soon able to concentrate on my own skills and leave my son in Chris' very capable hands.

The next day we went for the open water dives in Sosua Bay. My wife was really scared, and I was quite nervous as well. It was just us with Chris and Jane, and the boat captain. We put on our wet suits and went for a five minute ride to a place called three rocks. The first dive was the same for all of us. Chris took my son and I, while Jane took Lynn. I was really surprised by the care that they showed for Lynn. They helped her into the water, then Jane held Lynn's hand throughout the entire dive. They knew exactly how to get Lynn back into the boat when the dive was over.

My son and I went on to complete our Open Water Divers course. Chris was very patient, but quite strict. Thomas had to do everything on his own. Chris was adamant that I couldn't help him in any way. If we are buddies and I had a problem under water, then Thomas has to know how to help me. And he did just fine. We spent an entire afternoon completing our e-learning in a local restaurant on the beach, with Chris supervising us. That was fun as well. Cabarete Beach is an amazing oasis of restaurants and bars. You would never know it was there when you are driving through the main street of the town. The dives themselves were on coral reefs which are abundant in the bay and covered with fish and coral. The boat ride out took only five minutes on the first day and one the last day it was literally two minutes to get to the dive spot. It seemed unusual that so many fish would be so close to the shore.

Once we finished our course, we booked in for another dive as open water divers and another orientation dive for Lynn. Again it was just us with Chris and Jane, a luxury for which I would happily pay the extra cost.

We had a wonderful experience. I am happy to recommend Dive Cabarete, and the proprietors Chris and Jane Waites, to anyone, especially if you have somebody with special needs, or if you just want the luxury of a private dive experience.

Greg Maynard,
New York.

Oshawa
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“totally awesome”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Chris (owner/D.M.) goes above and beyond to make sure that not only we got the dives in we wanted but made sure they were worth the effort. A few times he nixxed the day due to high surge or poor visabilty. We dove 20 tanks in 2 weeks and they were all text book perfect. He and his crew are both frendly and approchable. We will be back. Bryan and Mikki. Ontario Canada

Visited February 2013
Kansas City, Kansas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Diving in Cabarete”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Chris is an excellent dive master. He knows his 20 dive sites very well! I was lucky to dive with him on two separate occasions while visiting Cabarete and had a great time! Chris is very professional, equipment is well maintained and clean and his boat captain is a pro. If you are considering diving while in Cabarete, Dive Cabarete is the dive shop to go with!