“What a disappointment”

Cuisines: Caribbean, French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 24, 2013

We had gone twice before and the food was very good but expensive, but this last time, we had a very normal meal and the worst was that i order an entree of " foie gras with a toast and jelly"
and what I got was pate with aspic!! When I call the waiter to see the menu again an see if I was wrong he told me that the chef had had that discussion with several guest and he insists that it was foie gras!!! so all of us are stupids????!!!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The ambiance and views from this restaurant are amazing! It is essentially open air, with a few tables that over look the beach so you feel like you are dining on a dock. The food was outstanding, especially compared to the other restaurants around Cabarete. It is a must if you are in the area and want to spend a little extra money on a fantastic night out. We were there with 4 adults and 3 kids under 5, and the staff were so accommodating to our party (not an easy fete). The kids were excited to run around in the sand below, while the adults enjoyed their drinks and meals.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

This might be the best meal I've had all year, not just the best meal I had in the Dominican Republic. I had the shrimp and steak stir fry. The steak was fabulous and so tender. And the sauce was tasty.

I also had the goat cheese salad appetizer. We dined late and the restaurant was quiet, but the staff was attentive.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

My girlfriend and I ate here twice on a recent visit to Cabarete, and can't say enough wonderful things about the food here, they combine exquisite local ingredients and prepare them with local and international flavours to create wonderful combinations. We had fantastic service both times- the staff were very helpful in selecting from the creative menu and guided us well both times). The location is stunning, perched out on the beach with a lovely view and a fabulous romantic atmosphere. I'm surprised to see the comments about the French guy, he was very personable when I spoke to him on both visits- not sure why he would need to visit our table?

True, the prices are high, even for Cabarete, but for this quality of food, experience, and service we felt it was excellent value- I'm not sure what the reviewer that compared the prices to Bouley was ordering, but for three courses including drinks and dessert, our bill was around $150 for two people- again, high by local standards but definitely worth it! Would make a point of visiting again and again!

Reviewed April 10, 2013

I hate writing negative reviews, but....this restaurant is right outside the Velero Beach Resort where we stayed and is on the ocean so off we went with another couple we met. We had AWESOME service from Rebecca and the other staff. We knew going in that the French owner/chef was "gruff" and the prices high. Our bill came to $282 USD for 4 adults with drinks, appetizers, dinner, dessert, taxes and 10% service charge....YIKES! Food was good but not great and certainly not $300 USD great. We threw in another $20 USD for Rebecca and when change came back we knew something was up. Apparently, "frenchie" pocketed that extra and when I approached him on it he conveniently forgot how to speak English. He did not come to our table ONCE during our dining and we were 1 of only 2 tables being served. And when I politely approached him on the extra tip he was dismissive and did not thank us or even seem to care about our presence. Rebecca was all smiles (and she has a BEAUTIFUL smile). She deserves a better boss! Looks like he gets enough business from the rich locals and Russian tourists according to a local condo owner. Do yourself and your friends/family a favor and go to Bliss or Ali's Surf Camp instead.

2  Thank WaynesWorld04