“Great Atmosphere and food”
Review of Otra Cosa

Otra Cosa
Ranked #29 of 141 Restaurants in Cabarete
Cuisines: Caribbean, French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 4, 2011

My husband and I had dinner here in June of 2009. We had dessert with our children the nite before and a romantic dinner the next nite. The food was excellent, the atmosphere beautiful and the service...excellent. I decided to write this because I am looking for the recipe of the marzipan pie that I had there. It was the best dessert ever.

This place is not cheap, but worth the price. Treat yourself. This was my first time in Cabarete and my husband's fifth time. We had a great, great time.

Reviewed October 24, 2011

We went there on our second night there & had a tough time choosing to go elsewhere during our entire local stay. We loved the ambiance- candles, outside...romantic; quality of food- flavors that we remembered days later; wine list- tasty & just overall experience. I cannot wait to return here someday & wish my neighborhood stop was this place! Major plus, food wine, feet in sand, & great service. My only negative was that on our third night in a row there we asked them to choose our bottle of wine- they chose a bottle that was over double what we had been spending (about $85, which s way high in the dominican- the prie of our entire meal)...it was a bit odd...keep in mind you must pay cash here like most places in Cabarete. Try the Tuna...Enjoy!

Reviewed September 25, 2011

Oh my, what a decadent experience! The restaurant is tucked inside an unassuming little hotel. It is very cozy and charming with a rustic yet elegant Caribbean feel. The service was top notch and the food was so lovely. The otra cosa sauce for the filet is divine btw. The wine selection was refreshing compared to the other restaurants in Cabarete. We had a very special night here. The only blemish on our experience is the fact that we couldn't pay with a credit card. It was a little scary walking around with all that cash on us to dinner and with such a fine establishment I would think they would be able to provide that option.

If you love good food, you must come here for a truly special evening! It is truly worth it.

Reviewed August 11, 2011

Have eaten at this restaurant four times on two visits to Cabarete. The food, service and setting are all outstanding. My favorite restaurant in the Dominican Republic!!!!

Reviewed July 31, 2011

Owned by a French Chef of note, this is a romantic restaurant with fine dining. Best food in Cabarete. Note, they do not accept credit cards.