“Go there every two weeks”

Martini's Beach Bar & Grill
Ranked #25 of 135 Restaurants in Cabarete
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We go there every two weeks for something. We have tried the Taco Tuesday ( OK), Rib night Thursday ( Excellent) and the month end pig roast (Excellent). The drinks are good . Overall this restaurant is a favorite and good value.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

Our entourage went there the other day. My husband and I are Dewars drinkers and our guest is a Black Label drinker. We were served our drinks and I took a sip and said "this is not Dewers" My husband took a taste and agreed, our guest took a sip and said this is not Black Label. Now we know that Dewars is in color and flavor, lighter than Black Label. They were all the same color. The food was average. Although tonight I got melon and prosciutto The ham was dry and had a funky flavor. So I got the soup. My husband got the burger again and he said it wasn't the same.

Back to the scotch. They put cheap booze into expensive bottles, charge reasonable prices? 6$ a drink and get it by most people.

We are locals, this is the first time, we have gone to a lot of restaurants here in cabaret, but never experienced this.

We have had wonderful experiences in Cabarete, there are great restaurants here.

Anyway, we went a second time with our own bottle of Dewars,, offered to pay for a glass and ice.
The waiter didn't know what to do. He called the manager who said NO. We have been regulars because the burgers were good and we drank presidente beer out of the bottle. We never had dinner there before and never the hard stuff.

Soo, don't waste your time and money unless you are staying at the condo/resort there and it is easy.

Buy the way, we were thinking of buying a condo there, tonight was the clincher. No way.

I see all sorts of positive reports here. And, we were one of them. I have easily gone there for lunch 10 times. Never had a bad experience. Has the manager changed? Are they in financial trouble that they lie to you about the hard booze?

2  Thank R E
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We were told about Martini's from the owner of Villa Chillax, where we were staying, two minutes walk down the beach. Martini's quickly became our "go to" place for Margaritas and Quesadillas. Of course TACO TUESDAY was awesome. Breakfast there is to die for. The Dominican Lunch is also pretty tasty. Everyone there is super nice. Everyone speaks really good English. It's right on the beach so the atmostphere is awesome. Easy to get to. Great hang out place.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

I was staying in a condo complex down the beach that did not have a restaurant or bar. I liked to take a long walk on the beach in the late afternoon and then stop at Martini's for a cappuccino. The cappuccinos were more like lattes and every time I went back it seemed they used a larger cup. The price didn't go up and the coffee was still good, so no complaints here. Only food I had was the happy hour bar snacks. They were good.

Reviewed May 1, 2012

i really enjoyed my stay here at night its awesome quiet and the sound of the ocean is what you hear the room was very nice felt like my home..im going back..