“Not great!!!!!”

Ranked #3 of 34 Hotels in Tuxtla Gutierrez
Altamonte Springs, Florida
“Not great!!!!!”
Reviewed July 15, 2010

Beware of the room they give you !!!! I complained that my room was a dump and they said that because I booked the reservation with a promotional rate that this is the room associated to the promotion. We booked 12 rooms and mine was the only one that was a dump!!!!! Then I had to cancel one night and they said that I have to call the USA to cancel my reservation and they could not help on the cancellation. They charged me the extra night. I speak fluent spanish and they did not understand.The reservation was done thru Best Western. Beware of them!!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank pepito13

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
New Hampshire
Reviewed March 18, 2010

My colleague and I stayed here for two nights last year at the suggestion of a local business partner and we enthusiastically returned this week for a four-night stay. The rooms have been updated since last year. Beds are comfortable. Breakfast buffet is abundant with lots of local specialties. Most noteworthy though is the incredibly attentive staff. Every single person we came across -- and we must have come across at least 25 employees during our stay -- greeted us with a smile and went the extra step to make us feel welcome: Case in point: When our room key cards stopped working on our last day, a bellman saw me walking toward the lobby with the bad key cards and literally ran to me, confirmed what the problem was, handed me his master key to let ourselves into our rooms and took off at a dead run back to the lobby (about 100 meters) with our key cards to get them fixed and ran back to us about three minutes later with the working key cards. The hotel is very convenient to (i.e., across the street from) the Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Chiapas (UNACH) and it's about a 10-minute drive to downtown. I agree with our friend from Tuxtla who recommends this hotel to all out of town visitors.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Glendora
Reviewed May 27, 2009

We walked in the lobby of the Best Western. There was a guest there complaining about the price of the rooms. Why was it cheaper for a room when in you walk in and do not have a reservation, if you had a reservation for the for the room it cost more. About $40 USD more per night per room with reservation. So I walk in to the room, it looked ok. I go to the bathroom and see a JOINT right by the trash can. NOT in the trash on the ground. So I call the front desk and asked if they cleaned the room and they YES. I asked them why was there trash on the ground of the bathroom? They come out and clean it. So I asked for a rollaway bed be sent to my room. They told me It will be there in about 5 min. In about 3 min. someone shows up with some towels. I ask for a rollaway bed. Oh yes it will be here later tonight. We go out to dinner. come back to the room and the rollaway bed was there and the bathroom was clean. The next morning one of co-workers said his room was not clean also. He had blood in bed sheets. He had get new sheets. The next morning we go eat beak fest at the restraint. I ask to be seated out side, party of 10. They told us NO. We had to be seated inside. So go inside. I ask for an omelet and some Orange Juice. I get my omelet, it was over cook. The end of the Omelet was hard. The Orange juice was warm. I look over and look out side, they started to move tables around. They seated a party of 12 out side, I asked they why they get to seat out side and we could not. They had made reservation to be seated out side. Ok then I ask reservation to be seated out side for breakfast tomorrow. The restraint manger was not happy with us. She was pissed off because I ask for a table out side. BAD SERVICE. The next morning we was seated out side, NO one would come be and take our order. We had call for some to come and take the order and bring us drinks. They would walk around our table and ignore us.Way over rated hotel.NOT a 4 star. Maybe a 1 or 2 star. Best Western Palmareca Hotel & SuitesBLVD. BELISARIO DOMINGUEZ 4120-2 COL. JARDINES DE TUXTLA, Tuxtla Gutierrez, 29020, Mexico

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
New Hampshire
Reviewed April 12, 2009

My colleague and I stayed here for two nights while doing business at the Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Chiapas, Tuxtla Gutierrez, which is directly across the street from the hotel. The staff was very efficient and attentive, delivered messages, gave lots of tips for our first visit to the city, and made our stay very pleasant. The breakfast buffet was elaborate and nicely-presented, and the restaurant staff was extremely helpful and hospitable, explaining regional dishes to us, and encouraging us to try dishes that were new to us. The hotel grounds were well-maintained, the room was clean, air conditioning worked, wireless internet in the rooms worked well. The hotel's shuttle to the airport was also efficient and comfortable (air conditioning and bottled water were both appreciated!) and although it only makes two runs a day, if it's going when you are, I'd recommend it. Overall, we had a very pleasant stay here and would happily stay here again if we return to the area.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Bremen, Germany
Reviewed October 23, 2006

The Best Westerm hotel Arecas is a nice hotel Tuxtla.
Although officially a 4* hotel, I would rate it as a 3* hotel.
The hotel has a nice tropical garden and a small pool and the clean rooms are rather small and noisy, due to a huge air-co.

The breakfast buffet is good, but you hardly find european style dishes, almost everything is mexican style.

The hotel offers free Wi-Fi in all rooms and the staff at the restaurant is very friendly. On the contrary, the guys at the reception were not very helpful and shortspoken.

The location of the hotel is very good (close to the main shopping centre).

My advice: Do not book this hotel through the Best Western homepage, because you can get better fares negotiating directly with the staff.

• Liked — Garden and pool
  • Disliked — Noisy air-co
  • Tips/Secrets — Ask for reasonable fares.
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank newtowndirk
Michigan
Reviewed August 2, 2006

This might be the best hotel in Tuxtla. Though it is located on the bustling main road, it is quiet as all the rooms are located in a garden setting away from the traffic. It is quiet. The rooms are clean, cool and spacious. It is reasonably priced. Be sure to find out if your room rate comes with complimentary breakfast. It is worth packaging your deal as such. The complimentary breakfast is a huge buffet with a wide array of dishes. We stayed at this hotel on two different occassions in June. It is a lot cheaper to go with the complimentary breakfast than ordering off the menu (unless you want only something like cereal).
The pool is lovely and the staff is pleasant and helpful. The hotel is within an easy walk of the shopping mall, numerous interesting small shops and some good restuarants.

2 Thank AnnStew
Reviewed March 17, 2006

Nice Hotel. Small and quiet. People are very friendly. Clean.. It´s got Wi-Fi all over the hotel, and they have 2 computers for guests. Great Service. Highly recommended.

2 Thank Leticia C