“Good place to stay”

Best Western Plus Palmareca Suites & Hotel
Ranked #5 of 34 Hotels in Tuxtla Gutierrez
Reviewed February 23, 2012

Really like the location, very good breakfast, nice pool, very good Internet service, has a gym, near a mall with a grocery store. Rooms have fridges. Only downside is that it's really in this city and the AC is very noisy. Best plan is to crank it up, then turn it off to sleep.

• Stayed: February 2012

Reviewed August 29, 2011

stay there for 2 nights in chiapas vacation, the rooms are large and equipped with coffee maker, etc. great buffet breakfast every morning,

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2011

NIce and clean rooms, with plenty of space. THe hotel has a small pool, but the people enjoyed it very well. It is clean and has single, double rooms and suites. It is not near to the main attractions but it is really near to a Mall where you can find all you need. The morning breakfast buffet is the best I ever taste. They have fresh fuit, bread, Chiapas traditional meals, etc.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank PPCancun
Reviewed October 22, 2010

Nothing bad to say about this hotel, except maybe the pool being too small. The restaurant is really noteworthy because of it's fantastic food and good service. The breakfast buffet is incredibly good.

• Stayed: October 2010
1  Thank WiseJJ
Reviewed August 9, 2010

We stayed there 3 nights. The place is OK. Clean and well located. The breakfast buffet is good, Lot’s of thing, so so quality
The only problem is that the AC is extremely noisy. It is very difficult to fall asleep. They have those very old big ACs that stick to the wall. Even in the new rooms
I would stay somewhere else next time because of the AC

Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Daumas
Reviewed July 15, 2010

Beware of the room they give you !!!! I complained that my room was a dump and they said that because I booked the reservation with a promotional rate that this is the room associated to the promotion. We booked 12 rooms and mine was the only one that was a dump!!!!! Then I had to cancel one night and they said that I have to call the USA to cancel my reservation and they could not help on the cancellation. They charged me the extra night. I speak fluent spanish and they did not understand.The reservation was done thru Best Western. Beware of them!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank pepito13
Reviewed March 18, 2010

My colleague and I stayed here for two nights last year at the suggestion of a local business partner and we enthusiastically returned this week for a four-night stay. The rooms have been updated since last year. Beds are comfortable. Breakfast buffet is abundant with lots of local specialties. Most noteworthy though is the incredibly attentive staff. Every single person we came across -- and we must have come across at least 25 employees during our stay -- greeted us with a smile and went the extra step to make us feel welcome: Case in point: When our room key cards stopped working on our last day, a bellman saw me walking toward the lobby with the bad key cards and literally ran to me, confirmed what the problem was, handed me his master key to let ourselves into our rooms and took off at a dead run back to the lobby (about 100 meters) with our key cards to get them fixed and ran back to us about three minutes later with the working key cards. The hotel is very convenient to (i.e., across the street from) the Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Chiapas (UNACH) and it's about a 10-minute drive to downtown. I agree with our friend from Tuxtla who recommends this hotel to all out of town visitors.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business