On our recent car trip to San Cristobal from Oaxaca we stopped first in Tuxtla for two nights. I choose this hotel based on what I know of the magnificent Camino Real here in Oaxaca and, it offered a spa where I was going to surprise my wife with its services. It was a great disappointment. First, the bathrooms had mold all along the grout in the tub area. Street noise from bars, discos and heavy trucks filtered into our room because the hallways are open to the street. My wife and I went down to the spa to schedule her massage and after she looked over the place she decided not to do so. She said the area not only was dark and musty but more mold was easily seen. The night before we were to leave I tried calling the front desk several times for almost a half an hour before anyone answered. I called to confirm our departure in the morning and to find out the check out time. Around midnight we get a knock on the door and the porter said: “here is your bill, sign here”. I never had anyone anywhere bring a bill to my room much less at midnight. When we checked out I noticed that they charged us for the 1 bottle of water they had left when the serviced the room. We would have really liked to have had stayed at a B&B but unfortunately there isn’t one in Tuxtla. On our next to that area we will seek out another location or drive the extra 45 minutes to San Cristobal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Marriott Tuxtla Gutierrez Hotel has been totally renovated with elegant facilities and the highest standards of service. Areas for conferences and meetings with a capacity for as many as 800 guests. Ideal for business appointments, congresses, social events and weddings. Swimming pool, fitness center, business center, high speed Internet, Executive lounge, Spa, Beauty Salon. Tuxtla Gutierrez, the capital of the state of Chiapas, combines modern features and traditions to captivate visitors with the best that Mexico and the world can offer. In this city emerge Hotel Marriott Tuxtla Gutierrez, located on Belisario Dominguez Blvd., just 30 min from International Airport, and a few meters from Downtown and the Cathedral. This Hotel in Tuxtla Gutierrez has been totally renovated with elegant facilities and the highest standards of service. It has areas for conferences and meetings with a capacity for as many as 800 guests. Our banqueting service, cutting edge technology and professional advisors guarantee the success of all your events, from business appointments to social events and weddings.This elegant hotel in Chiapas offers guest easy access to explore a wonderful natural territory, from the Sumidero Canyon, to Palenque archeological zone, San Cristobal de las Casas and San Juan Chamula magical towns, the Agua Azul Waterfalls, Montebello Lagoon and the Lacandona Jungle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Marriott Tuxtla Gutierrez Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camino Real Hotel Tuxtla Gutierrez
- Marriott Tuxtla Gutierrez Hotel Mexico - Chiapas