“Horrific”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Ucum

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chetumal
Hotel Ucum
Ranked #15 of 21 Hotels in Chetumal
Dublin
“Horrific”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

We arrived into Chetumal very late at night and this was really our only option for accommodation. We have both travelled extensively and stayed in a wide range of places. To say this was the worst is an understatement. The TV was in a cage, the 'bathroom' was filthy, the bed was very uncomfortable and the linen wasn't very fresh looking, we actually slept fully clothed! Stay anywhere but here!

• Stayed September 2011
2 Thank Annie98

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Belize City, Belize, Belize
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

This was my first hotel choice in chetumal, I must say it is a rough place to stay if you are a clean person. Check-In was fast, peeps at the desk or maybe that was a podium were not friendly at all, I agree with elperro 1 it would take a miracle to get a smile, it seems they are too busy to remember that hotel's are all about service, the room was ok, I ended up hurting my foot on the concrete based bed, and slept on a mattress that had springs bulging out and made my night an uncomfortable one, the bathroom had no shower curtains, the toilets were dirty and I ended up having to coat it with TP everytime I wanted to use it, the towels were colored and were thinner than plastic wrap. The air conditioner made more noise than a John Deere Tractor and I only used it to cool the room and then turn it off. The pool was a major highlight for us as well as the free water they offered outside your room, they also had spacious parking and my car was safe in there. Overall I would do here if it was the only hotel left in chet, pay the extra cash and stay somewhere else nicer like villa fontana, juliette or los cosos and if you can afford it Holiday Inn you will be much happier when you get a good nights sleep.

Room Tip: I am not sure if there is
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Mikael S

Travelers are raving about these Chetumal hotels

UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

This place is right in the centre of Chetumal, it has a wide range of rooms, some with aircon / TV others more basic. I went for a fan room with private bathroom. The room was big and airy, with a walkway out the front, with chair and table. Everywhere was clean. The staff were helpful and friendly. Lots of local eating options near by.

On the boat from Belize I was recommended another hostal - but it was a long way out, so switched to Hotel Ucum and was glad I did. The only downside is that the pool was closed :-(

Room Tip: I was up on the top floor in a fan room - with windows on eitherside of the building it meant more o...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank k2102
watertown wi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

Only 220 pesos for a bare bones double. It would take a miracle to coax a smile from the couple behind the desk. Lots of traffic noise as taxis blow their horns to attract fares.

Room Tip: Get an inner room
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank elperro1
charleston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2011

this hotel is in the center of town, near main st. market, restaurants, bus and taxis available, easy to get anywhere in chetumal, calderitas, bacalar from here. the rooms are ac and clean, hot and cold water, beds clean , towels clean and fresh paid 560 pesos per night, next to holiday inn

Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank cave-tuber
Victoria BC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2010

Other than the seriously grumpy dude who showed us our room, it was ok -- decent, clean, and has a surprisingly nice pool. A short walk to the unexpectedly atmospheric & intriguing Museum of Mayan Culture, which was the only reason we stopped in Chetumal. Unfortunately for us, a bad local rock band was rehearsing -- LOUDLY -- in the building right next door on the night we stayed. They quit before midnight, but it was still annoying. I didn't mind this place, but my partner didn't dig it. Although I wouldn't necessarily recommend it, I wouldn't NOT recommend it either, if you really want to stay in Chetumal.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank delarana
Tampere, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2010

Even though Chetumal might not be your dream destination especially during low season, you are unlikely to get a better value for your money. Prices are clearly set, just ask for what you wan (ours was double room with fan and without tv, 220 pesos per night). Very clean room with a private bath, two big beds (we slept together on one), and right at the city center. Only minor issue is that the Mercado is quite close, and as our room was at the western end on the third floor, we could easily hear the music they start playing after eight in the morning.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple