“Excellent Service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Spa Ixtapan

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ixtapan de la Sal
Hotel Spa Ixtapan
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Excellent Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

Just got back from my first trip to Spa Ixtapan. Loved it! The service was excellent and the food was great. The rooms are not fancy, but comfortable. Most of the staff has been there 16+ years, which says something for the hotel. I enjoyed the morning walk and yoga classes as well as the variety of spa treatments. Very relaxing! I'll be back for sure. You won't find a better value anywhere.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
5 Thank ShawnB34

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Yorktown, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

I have been taking trips to Ixtapan Spa for over 10 years. It is so wonderful that I am now taking 2 trips yearly. I go in February as well as November. It is the most enjoyable and relaxing week one could spend. The grounds are lovely. Two beautiful pools, fountains, a fantastic whirlpool, poolside bar, and tennis courts They have 2 restaurants. I always sign up for the Spa Classic program and then add on a few fantastic massages at The Holistic Spa. Not sure which is my favorite Hot Stones or Aromatherapy. I just turn to a marshmallow thinking about my week there. I will be taking a group the end of February as well as a "Ladies Only" group in November 2014. Many of my people have returned with me every year. The value for what you receive cannot be beaten anywhere I know of.

Room Tip: I like the rooms facing the pool but you have to pay a little extra for them. The rooms facing the...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank SMG4058
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

I have been bringing large groups to this Spa every year for over 30 years. I already deposits for. November 2014 we can't wait for our return. The facilities the staff the food all fabulous, which is why we keep coming back year after year.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank airtix0798
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

We have been here annually, for many years. Every year there is another upgrade to the already fabulous Spa. We will visit here until we're too old to fly.
We were pleasantly surprised by the excellent choice of movies shown in the comfortable movie Theater.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a mini suite, overlooking the pool area- it's worth it
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Liane P
Ocoyoacac, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

We love this hotel and return every year

We like the food, specially the buffets and the freshly baked bread

And we don't need the car to go to the thermal spring bath

The gardens are beautiful and they have two large pools

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank rrobina
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

I learned about Spa Ixtapan from a work colleague several years ago and finally made my first visit. Based on the great time I had there, it won't be my last.

The high points:
The people who work there are lovely and make you feel at home. There's no pretentiousness and everyone works to make your stay enjoyable.

The resort has a retro feel which I liked.

They used natural ingredients such as almond oil, avocado and tomato. What this meant for me was that the focus of the therapists was giving you a great massage/facial/hair style and not on selling you products.

They were flexible in customizing my spa experience. Since my finger nails are short, a manicure didn't make sense. Instead, I got a parafin treatment that felt great. Also, there was no pressure to upsell other services.

The spa cuisine was delicious and I was able switch to the hotel menu when they had something more to my tastes. The Sinaloa style pork was one of the best things I've ever eaten! Also, the diet lime sorbet was yummy. You will not go hungry and you will feel great if you stick to the spa menu.

I slept like a baby. Some reviewers commented that the beds were hard, but I thought they felt great.

The grounds are gorgeous.

Some potential areas for improvement:
I had several treatments in the Spa Holistico. It's a beautiful facility, but everytime I had a treatment there, it seemed that the gardeners were mowing or weed whacking right under the window of the treatment room. Actually, I preferred the traditional spa because it was much quieter also I didn't have to walk outside in my bathrobe.

The tennis courts are a bit rough and could stand to be resurfaced. The pro, Israel, is great - he made me feel like I was a much better player than I am.

The rooms are basic, but very clean. The furniture looked a bit tired, the drapes had patches on them and the carpeting was an unattractive low pile commerical grade. The rooms could stand to be freshened up a bit.

The TV looked like it was vintage 1995 and cable reception was not great. Also, the Wi-Fi was erratic.

Although not an issue for improvement, US visitors should be aware that although they may have booked their stay using the US sales office who quotes prices in USD, you will settle your bill in Mexican pesos.

All in all, I had a great experience, met fantastic people and am looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Karen R
Plainview, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

Been to many SPAS in the US, Caribbean.This is the BEST. I have been going to this Spa many times and many years, Those administering the treatments are most experienced, food great,
exorcizes wonderful, tennis, 18 hole golf course, water aerobics, nightly movies, and best price.and value Can't say enough about it. Great treatments for men and women

Room Tip: I like the rooms on the SPA floor. There is separate treatment floor for men and for women
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank LolaKroul
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ixtapan de la Sal
Ixtapan de la Sal Marriott Hotel, Spa & Convention Center
Ixtapan de la Sal Marriott Hotel...
#1 of 9 in Ixtapan de la Sal
Villas de la Montana
Villas de la Montana
#16 of 24 in Taxco
Canto de Aves Quinta Boutique

Been to Hotel Spa Ixtapan? Share your experiences!