“Best Spa”
Review of Hotel Spa Ixtapan

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ixtapan de la Sal
Hotel Spa Ixtapan
Chicago, Illinois
“Best Spa”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I have been going to this Spa for over 30 years and this year I am bringing 40 woman with me most have been going with me for the past 7 years ..we have the best time, best services and the staff could not be better...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank airtix0798

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
long island,ny
Reviewed August 14, 2013

This will be my 8th time back to this wonderful retreat for the mind,body and soul! I go to Hotel Spa Ixtapan with my best friend from High School and we relish in the beautiful landscapes and quaint towns. Day trips are amazing and packed with history which the residents are proud to share with you.From the drivers to the floor staff,wait staff,the chef and the women who get our kinks out and pamper us with special care taken,I can only say,thank you, thank you,thank you!I can only say one thing,if you a get away take this one,you may want to stay!!!!!

Room Tip: mountain views and night lights are our favorite!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank jo n
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Absolute best bang for your buck. I have been going to the spa at least once a year (sometimes more) since 2000. The people that worked there in 2000 are the same people that are still there. Always familiar faces. Plus, if you go the same time each year, you run into the same spa guests. I am a FAN. The activities begin with a sunrise walk at 7 AM...best way to start the day, then breakfast (or aerobics), then MIX with Alejandra, who is amazing, aquatics at 10:00 and Zumba aquatics at 12:00. Treatments are scheduled for mid to late afternoon which gives you plenty of time in between to grab a bite to eat at either the spa or regular dining, then take a nice stroll into town or a taxi if you prefer. Don't be surprised when you run into service providers from the spa in town. Wonderful, friendly staff.

Room Tip: Preferably pool view with a balcony
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Dish825
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Was an excellent experience, the hotel are just at 3 walking minutes from the most important place in town that calls balneario ixtapan de la sal with thermal pools with mineral water also have a private roman pools and fantastic menu of massages cheaper than other places. We came back to the hotel for enjoy exquisite cuisine very assorted 5 times menu served for very kindly waiters first class service and quality of food. The rooms are very comfortable we had an excellent night only with one exception they are on construction some steel roof in the motor lobby (I hope finish soon) and start to make noise 0800hrs and wake up us, the workers go to take a lunch at 1000hrs may be can start working later. But any way Hotel Ixtapan are the best hotel and restaurant in town. Thank you.

Room Tip: In front of the pool.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Austin Texas
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Fabulous!!! Absolutely Fabulous!!!

After an hour and half flight into Toluca from San Antonio, we were promptly met by an English speaking driver( Edwardo) from the hotel who told us about the rose farms and other sights on our way to Ixtapan. The service was excellent, the staff always courteous and helpful and the hotel and grounds were spotless. We were very lucky -- summer is the off season in Ixtapan and the hotel was not crowded. It was a welcome relief from the heat of Austin Texas.We shall return next year at the same time!
The spa food was delicious and beautifully presented. We were up each day for the morning walk and participated in water aerobics. I lost 10 pounds in just 10 days, was never hungry and enjoyed every minute. Now I hope my good new habits continue!

Room Tip: ASk for a room overlooking the swimming pool.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Tacoma, Washington, United States
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This year will be our 8th annual trip to the Ixtapan spa - for 4 former college roommates. We love everything about it - the spa treatments, the exercise classes, the food, the lovely town, the wonderful staff

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Suzy P
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I have been coming to Ixtapan on and off for 12 years. For the two years I missed, I was very disappointed when I could not go. The spa menu is excellent, the treatments are wonderful and the staff make you feel like you are home again seeing old friends. It is a wonder value for your money. I love doing extra treatments in the new spa also, however it is not necessary. The accommodations are clean and typical but not 4 star, but who spends time in your room... and spa is spotless and well updated. I look forward to my yearly getaway with my friends and can't wait to see the wonderful staff again.

Room Tip: Always ask for the rooms on 5th floor with balcony.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ixtapan de la Sal
Ixtapan de la Sal Marriott Hotel, Spa & Convention Center
Ixtapan de la Sal Marriott Hotel...
#1 of 9 in Ixtapan de la Sal
Villas de la Montana
Villas de la Montana
#19 of 24 in Taxco
Hotel Rancho San Diego Grand Spa Resort
Hotel Rancho San Diego Grand Spa...
#4 of 9 in Ixtapan de la Sal

Been to Hotel Spa Ixtapan? Share your experiences!