Hotel Spa Ixtapan
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Ixtapan de la Sal
See available hotels
Villa Vergel(Ixtapan de la Sal)
View Hotel
Hotel Belisana(Ixtapan de la Sal)
View Hotel
Victoria Hotel y Spa(Ixtapan de la Sal)
View Hotel
Hotel Bungalows Lolita(Ixtapan de la Sal)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
Hotel El Romano(Ixtapan de la Sal)
View Hotel
All reviewswater aerobicsexercise classesmorning walkmexico citysalsa dancingwater parkthe main hotelsmall townwalk into townbeautiful groundsyear after yearabove averagereturn next yearthe dining room stafffelt safeking size bedlocal town
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 26, 2011

I went in January 2011 with my sister, daughter (21) and husband. We flew into Toluca and were met at the airport by the spa and taken to the hotel. The hotel was beautiful, spa services were fantastic (they are a little more relaxed about nudity than we are in the US though, LOL no biggie to derobe in front of your masseuse ) the golf, tennis and personal training was all great too. All the guests were extremely friendly to our group, the morning hike at the golf course was challenging for those of us not used to the high altitude, a wonderful workout. The spa cuisine was healthy, filling, more basic, but still very good. Bingo and movies will take you into late night if you can stay up that late after all the physical activity. LOL Rooms were basic, the bathrooms were a little "rustic" (this is mexico) but if you wanted something more luxurious you could shower at the spa, the locker rooms and showers were large and plush. Beds were a little hard, as were the pillows, so i would recommend at least some pillows from home. The staff was friendly and accomodating, from the restaurant (David) to the front desk, and all the lovely spa ladies (facials were my favorite). Be sure to bring at least $100+ in 1's and 5's for tips, although if you run out of change most of the masseuse and personal trainers have change , and be sure to tip freely. You will have a wonderful stay and there are alot of people who have been coming here for YEARS who will tell you about some of the local places to visit and go to if you find you need other things to do.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank rapunzel2Nj
Reviewed December 24, 2010

The spa value is fantastic. Each package has many treatments and there is such a variety of activities that you can be busy all day. We had very little time to explore the town or even sit by the pool.

The spa cuisine is very good. The meals are filling and if you want more food, you can always order it. The staff are very friendly, helpful, and willing to accomodate your needs.

All of the spa guests that we met were repeat visitors. We were the only first timers. That says alot about the spa.

The rooms have two double beds with a king size bedroom available for a higher price. We ended up staying with the double beds as the upgrade price was $70 per night. Since the spa was not busy, we weren't sure why they didn't offer to provide an upgrade for a reduced rate.

My husband and I both booked spa packages. For the most part, the spa seems to cater to women. My husband was one of the few men at the spa and his experience was not as positive as mine (e.g., service providers showing up late, steam room not working, etc.).

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank YYC_traveler_10
Reviewed June 20, 2010

My tip is to fly into Toluca, the ride to the spa is shorter than if you fly to Mexico City and from what I hear that is an airport to avoid. One drawback for me was the flight to Toluca left from Houston early in the AM. so this required a stay for one night in Houston. I would much rather spend a night in Houston and have a shorter ride to the spa. Also, Toluca airport is clean, new and small, extremely easy to get in and out and very friendly employees.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank weissmar
Reviewed May 27, 2010

Great experience for my 1st spa trip! Everyone here was on repeat visits, so you will come back. Best thing is the MANY services you get for the amazingly low pkg price. We did every optional exercise & made it a complete fitness week. Loved the morning walks up in the hills, and vow to do this at home (minus the view). Great unexpected bonus was the comraderie with the other women who come here regularly.

Spa food was so good you won't miss the calories & we were never hungry. Service in the spa restaurant was excellent whereas the regular restaurant service was rather pathetic. But don't expect full fledged gourmet - that's not why you come here.

Best tips: fly into Toluca instead of Mex City, saves time & $. We added an extra day, so we tried the spa next door to supplement our pkg, these svcs were good too. Villa 109 was quite nice, bigger than hotel rooms which are adequate but don't expect luxury at this bargain price. Side trip to Taxco was great - be sure to see the church which is fabulously ornate, and well worth the time and a tip to the tour guide. Difficult to change money at the front desk, so bring LOTS of dollar bills for tips, change money in town.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank MissShoe
Reviewed April 6, 2010

I just got back from the resort and I had to comment for others' benefit. This spa package is an absolutely amazing deal. As part of the spa package you get so many treatments you can barely fit them all in. I opted for tennis lessons and the instructor rivaled any I've had in thr US (and I've been playing tennis for 20+ years.) The spa restaurant (the lower calorie option) was delicious and the service was fantastic. The hotel itself is pretty basic, but no worries - the quality of the staff more than makesup for the 'generic' rooms. A 'must' for anyone craving total relaxaion and rejuvination!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends