“Great hotel”

Ranked #23 of 27 Hotels in Songkhla
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Great hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 week for business.
Fantastic location for Songkhla.
Rooms were immaculate, reception staff were very pleasant and the food was good.
Only 1 street away from the main bars but no noise.

Would stay here again if I visit Songkhla.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Thai first
Auroville, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I arrived at this hotel with a proper booking from AGODA. The hotel promised free internet. When I checked in they even gave me a password. The hotel reception of the hotel lacked the usual Thai warmth and they couldn’t care about their customers. My first impression. No concierge accompanying me. I took 10 minutes to figure out how their key system works. No help whatsoever.
The hotel was obviously lying about internet. They simply did not have one.
On entering the room I was truly aghast. There was obviously someone, most probably a staff who had slept in the room. Hair near the pillow, crumpled bed sheet.
I reported this to the reception but no apology. They had no explanation to offer. Someone came from the housekeeping to clean up. In the meanwhile knowing there is no internet, I decided to go to the lobby as the phone call communications were doing me no good. The reception staff had no clue. They pretended to be nice and gave me another room. I said I would enter the room only if there was internet. When I saw that the room did not have any net, I refused to take it.
Now started the gruelling test. I sat on a chair in front of the reception for I don’t know how long. Totally tired after a day long jouney, I was in tears. After a few hours in the hotel, the manager came forward to tell me that they had no internet.
The reception staff Nok, Tan and Nui misbehaved with me as a customer and if I had some time, I would have gone to the police for their behaviour. Making me, a person who had a confirmed reservation wait for hours.

Let no one who believes in the simple concept of service ever stay in this hotel. I don’t think I had a worse experience anywhere else in my long profession of international consulting.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Lata I

Travelers are raving about these Songkhla hotels

Shah Alam
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

The Pavillion Hotel in Songkhla town is an aged hotel, which requires refurbishment to bring it back to life. I think that most of the patrons are those related to the oil and gas industry since Songkhla is the shore base for many offshore companies operating in the Gulf of Thailand. So do not be surprised if you come across many guests with coveralls, safety shoes and helmets in the lobby.

When I was there, the air cond at the lobby was probably not working. So the lobby and the restaurant area were really stuffy with stale air. I pity the front desk staff whom had to endure the stuffy air. Even as you come out from the elevator, you can feel the unventilated and unhealthy air.

The staff is ok – the concierge and 1 guy from the front desk was pretty helpful. The others, especially in the restaurant was not really interested – they were happily chatting to each other instead of cleaning up the table for other guests during breakfast.

Breakfast was average – not much choice; not pleasantly decorated as well.

The rooms – plenty of stains on carpets and in the toilet. The furnitures are aging. I had to open the window to allow fresh air to come into the room. Aircond was a bit noisy. Some of the taps in the bathroom was not working. The bed was firm and nice, but the bedsheet and cover doesn’t feel fresh .... it has unpleasant smell to it. The toilet also in dire state - had to wait for some time before finally got hot water running through the tap.

The only good thing was its location – pretty close to the town centre with plenty of eateries, shops and 24 hours convenient store. On Friday, Saturday and Sunday, there is an evening market about 300-400 metres from the hotel – plenty of stuff being sold from food, fruits, clothes, souvenirs etc and it is cheap.

If your budget permits, do find other newer hotels.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank mcbrain
Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

Nice clean hotel at city of Songkhla. Good restaurant down stairs. About 500m to the beach. Motorbike can be parked safely at front foor.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank Sangsomset
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

My company arranged this accomodation for me for a 1 week long seminar to be held in the one of the hotel's conference room. My expectation were really high but it went down when I see the place. The place is too old and if not properly maintained will soon be vanished.
I hope the management will re-decorate the place. The carpet and the wallpapers are showing signs of peeling.
As much as I wanted to give a positive side of this hotel I cannot find any.

Room Tip: Better to check the rooms first
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank bok_1981
Durham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2010

I stayed here on a number of occasions when i was working offshore. The food isnt to bad and they have a decent enough selection.

The staff are ok not the sharpest bunch but the porters are very helpful in sorting things out for you and advice on were to go and how to get there (for a tip)

The hotel itself is aging a little and its starting to show and the rooms could do with a deep cleaning and a bit of refurbishment as there is stains on most of the carpets in the rooms ect ect ect.

All in all its ideal for a short, cheap one or 2 night stay on your way through to other places as it has a very central location to some decent bars and restaurants but wouldnt dream of holidaying there

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank Tom B
London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2010

My husband works offshore so I stayed here for one week whilst he was working.

The place is getting old and worn out. The rooms seem pretty dark and there are lots of stains on the carpet. We were on the top floor (9th) but the place seems to have really bad soundproofing as every morning and afternoon I could here the school kids singing as if they were right in my room.

There is a gym but it looks nothing like the photos. It has a few treadmills and a couple of weight machines.

The breakfast is greasy and not appealing. Especially if you have to eat it for a week.

The staff seem disinterested but they aren't rude you just have to be persistent to get anyone to help you.

The upside is that this hotel is in a central location close to the bars and restaurants.

If your budget allows you to stay somewhere better then I recommend you do so.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple